Impedance matching, speaker selector

doniac

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ive got yet another question on impedance matching. Ive been looking at an amp to power 4 speakers all four are 8ohms 100 watts a piece. Now the problem is that the amp states 8 ohm for speakers A or speakers B, but to run speakers A+B simultaneously it is 16ohms. If I run a speaker selector with impedence matching will this solve my ohm problem or are these selectors simply for hooking up speakers with different ohms.

Depending upon the speaker selector, some will hook the speakers up in series rather than parallel. This will give 16Ohms to the amp instead of 4Ohms.

Ill post what Im trying to do in hopes that someone has a better idea then what I am thinking of. Ive got 8 speakers, 8ohms 100 watts each run in the ceiling of a restaurant, they're all run seperately. I want to split the speakers so the volume can be adjusted seperately, four speakers and four speakers. The volume will never be cranked because it is for a restaurant.
Do I use 2 amps or 2 receivers?
Do I use one and a seperate volume control?
What size do I need?

Ive got 8 speakers, 8ohms 100 watts each run in the ceiling of a restaurant, they're all run separately. I want to split the speakers so the volume can be adjusted seperately, four speakers and four speakers.
Wouldn't you be better off with a four zone setup? Something like Sonance or Russound?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom