1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

impedance matching in wall speaker switches ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gingerneil, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. gingerneil


    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all. This is my first post here. I have searched and googled, but got nothing of great use. Sorry if I've missed the answers....

    I am moving to a new house and want to wire a set of speakers into the kitchen. I will be splitting the front L&R from my AV amp via an in-wall switch (prob QED one that allows A,B,A+B). I would also like an independant in wall volume control on the wiring that goes into the kitchen. I'll be terminating in the kitchen using in-wall banana sockets.

    Whats the best way to do this ? My amp needs 8ohms minimum, so I was thinking of using a serial switch (QED WM17), but then what volume control should I use ?? Would I be better with a switch that presents a consistent 8ohm to the amp no-matter what is connected so that I can use a standard volume control ?? If so, where would I find such an in-wall switch ?? I'm getting nowhere with google... the only impedance matching switches I can find seem to be big chunky things...

    Any help and advice much appreciated...

Share This Page