iMovie for iPhone 4 out now!

Mark, it took me a few minutes to get my head round it all.

Have you chosen a theme? Do that, then select the film clip by tapping on it, it should give you an option to edit the title name.

I'm so impressed with this app. Absolutely great at editing your videos.

can't add txt to still pics i think.

works on vids, not pics.

can you change music half way though?

can't add txt to still pics i think.

works on vids, not pics.

can you change music half way though?

It seems like we've come to the same conclusion. Can't change music halfway through, and can't put text over photos, video only. They're minor gripes for me, as an otherwise excellent app.

No slow mo. No effects on actual video, just the ability to trim, move clips around on the timeline, add music and titles.

After the weekend playing with this, iv come to the conclusion its pretty but very restrictive.

Its very basic, hardly any editing allowed, everyones videos are gonna look the same.

But after saying that, its only £3 so not gonna complain, cos i know i'll def use it alot.

And its a great way to 'showcase' what the iPhone can do.

Found a few annoyances too. when inputting pictures, when you gop to camera roll, your latest pics are right down at the bottom of the roll, so it takes ages to scroll down every time! :suicide:

( Editing right now and this ^^^^^ is REALLY annoying )

gonna make a little vid from the weekend right now and post it

Could we have a dedicated thread of all the vids we have done?

surely a bug that will be fixed.

Last edited:
Anyone know if its as good as RealDirector?

Reeldirector is a much more complete editing app, has far more options, transistions etc than imovie. It does have 2 shortcomings however, atm its not hd compatible and you can't use music straight from your itunes library although you can import music. I'm actually sorry I bought imovie now because as soon reeldirector is updated to enable hd video its gonna kick imovies ass. The music import I can live with, apparently its an apple restriction preventing access to the itunes library.

How about a mixture of the 2.

Edit the images in reeldirector, then add music and export in HD in iMovie?

would that work?

Just uploading my vid, raw HD quality is superb! Not sure what youtube will do to it

YouTube - Oulton Park Day Out made with iMovie on iPhone 4

720 HD version is up now. :smashin:

Last edited:
How about a mixture of the 2.

Edit the images in reeldirector, then add music and export in HD in iMovie?

would that work?

Just uploading my vid, raw HD quality is superb! Not sure what youtube will do to it

YouTube - Oulton Park Day Out made with iMovie on iPhone 4

720 HD version is up now. :smashin:

Sitting here waiting for my iPhone to be delivered, that was a great way to demonstrate what the video side of the phone can do. I like the volume changes on the music to allow the real-time sounds to come through and the transitions between video and pictures. A nice job.

Going from a 3g to the 4 is going to be quite a leap for me!

oasismark, obviously I'm missing something basic here but how did you add the text?

never mind, found it now!

Last edited:
oasismark, obviously I'm missing something basic here but how did you add the text?

never mind, find it now!

You can only add txt to videos, not pictures. :thumbsdow

Fantastic clip, you have really caught the day's event in a few minutes :smashin:

I noticed within the video at one stage you had a map of the area, how did you achieve this? I don't see an option.

Fantastic clip, you have really caught the day's event in a few minutes :smashin:

I noticed within the video at one stage you had a map of the area, how did you achieve this? I don't see an option.

just used maps and took a screenshot

I'm guessing he took a screen shot when using the Maps app, then using the image. Smart.

Last edited:
Going back to reeldirector I must correct myself, it is already compatible with iphone 4 hd video so as far as I can tell the only advantage imovie has is the ability to use itunes library music, however reeldirector has many advantages over imovie. I guess the reeldirector devs need to step up their marketting and let everyone know its better than imovie.

oasismark nice video mat

Can you tell me how much memory that actually took up ?

Got a 1 minute 45 second clip i've been trying to upload to Youtube since yesterday. Edited it in iMovie (just put an opening caption on it). If I do it direct from the phone it says it will take 46 minutes (360p version too) so I took the files from the phone using windows explorer and have tried to upload it 4 times now via the browser to youtube and it just fails half way.

Thought it was going to be easier this time round?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom