Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Will also post this in here :)

Valhalla or immortal fenyx?

Want to start a new game but can't decide on either of the above.
I know odyssey and origins gets some hate but I absolutely loved them both, maybe origins a little more with the tombs and puzzles etc.
They way I like to play them is slow and stealthy, marking people of, taking people out with predator bow one by one, quietly assassinating and hiding the bodies etc.
I have been looking forward to Valhalla but now I read so many posts where it has moved away from this style of stealth play and it's now more about running in and beating people up.

How about immortal fenyx, can you go about that game in a stealthy manner like say origins? or do I have to wait for far cry 6 and hope they don't miss out bits I love about that also?

Cheers

I haven't played Immortals yet but as far as I'm aware there is no stealth involved. Valhalla has plenty of opportunities to take a stealthy approach if that's your thing, and it's very much a continuation of what Origins and Odyssey did. So out of the two Valhalla would probably suit you better.

Last edited:
I’ve got about 7 hours into this so far and it’s opening up and am enjoying it more.
Anyone who likes Breath of the Wild should enjoy this, it’s not the same quality of course but it’s great to play a game like this at such nice graphical quality. It’s got it in performance mode and it looks and plays lovely.

I've got this installed so really need to have a go as I loved Zelda BOTW!

I’ll probably pick up a copy in the next week or so and play it over Christmas.

This has gone to the top of my list for my best game of 2020. Its incredible and I'm enjoying it more than botw. Graphically its amazing. The draw distance alone is just absurd and I constantly just keep stopping at looking at everything.

Have only done about 6 hours or so, completed the prologue, now on the main island and yeah, for a launch title, this is quality.

This has gone to the top of my list for my best game of 2020. Its incredible and I'm enjoying it more than botw. Graphically its amazing. The draw distance alone is just absurd and I constantly just keep stopping at looking at everything.

Have only done about 6 hours or so, completed the prologue, now on the main island and yeah, for a launch title, this is quality.
I found it gets better once you’re on the main island and start to unlock things as well👍🏻

Ubisoft’s planned DLC for the game.

I played Zelda BOTW and initially enjoyed it but there was too much general wandering around for me to complete the game. I have preferred the more linear and more action packed God of War. (Also the story of God of War is far more compelling.)

How does Fenyx compare - is there a lot of wandering/searching required?

This is £30 in Tesco’s for the PS5 version. Snapped it up reading r reviews.

I played Zelda BOTW and initially enjoyed it but there was too much general wandering around for me to complete the game. I have preferred the more linear and more action packed God of War. (Also the story of God of War is far more compelling.)

How does Fenyx compare - is there a lot of wandering/searching required?

This game is not linear it's an open World action RPG very much in the vain of BOTW the devs even said it was the inspiration for this game.

My copy arrived today, so might give it a try later if I can tear myself away from Demon’s Souls. :)

I'm taking a break from DSouls having just beaten the last boss. Picked up Immortals this afternoon from Smyths for £30. What mode are you guys playing in? Quality or performance?

Was in Tesco just now and saw this for £30, how come it dropped so fast, poor sales? I hear its pretty good.
Tempted but enough to play currently. At least its a good indication that prices will drop and not stick at £70 long, they also had AC Valhalla for £38.

Was in Tesco just now and saw this for £30, how come it dropped so fast, poor sales? I hear its pretty good.
Tempted but enough to play currently. At least its a good indication that prices will drop and not stick at £70 long, they also had AC Valhalla for £38.
I believed the price drop from 70 would always happen Tbh. Everyone tries their luck to begin with.

Last edited:
I believed the price drop from 70 would always happen Tbh. Everyone tries their lick to begin with.

I don’t think Immortals was ever £70 though. The RRP was around £55 at launch.

I'm taking a break from DSouls having just beaten the last boss. Picked up Immortals this afternoon from Smyths for £30. What mode are you guys playing in? Quality or performance?
Performance all the way👍🏻

I think I’ve become an FPS snob, I can’t stand playing 30 now, the resolution mode in Demons Souls was shocking to me going from performance!!

Made a start on it last night. Still very early in the game but liking what I've seen so far, it's a nice bright and breezy game to act as counterpoint to the brutal Demon's Souls, which I'm also playing at the moment. I'm also using Performance mode, frame rate is more important to me than slightly fancier graphics.

The game bugged out on me for a while yesterday. There was no sound during cut scenes or for the narration, although there was sound in game. Closing the game and then loading it up again seemed to fix it though.

Decided to take a punt at £30 and really glad I did. The game is a beauty! I've hardly touched the main quest due to getting side tracked with everything else there is to do.

Someone pointed out the draw distance and I have to agree, WOW! You can see the whole map when high enough.

Playing in Performance mode. I'm also an FPS snob :)

I'm going to be controversial and say I prefer this to Zelda. Although it is a complete and utter rip off of it, in almost every respect.

I'm going to be controversial and say I prefer this to Zelda. Although it is a complete and utter rip off of it, in almost every respect.

The basic mechanics of the game are pretty good and are arguably up there with Zelda but the world isn't as quirky, varied and interesting as BOTW IMHO.

I'm enjoying it very much but, whereas I'd give BOTW a solid 10/10, I'd give Fenyx an 8 or 9.

The basic mechanics of the game are pretty good and are arguably up there with Zelda but the world isn't as quirky, varied and interesting as BOTW IMHO.

I'm enjoying it very much but, whereas I'd give BOTW a solid 10/10, I'd give Fenyx an 8 or 9.
I found Zelda a little too old school for a more modern game and, in true Nintendo style, a little clunky and unintuitive.

This is more accessible and forgiving.

I'm a big fan of the Greek lore too.

Never played BOTW but I'm absolutely loving this game. The graphics, the colours, the gameplay, the lore. I'm also really enjoying the collect'a'thon which can usually get quite tedious with Ubisoft games. I'm still running around Valley of the Eternal Spring with the rest of the map still under fog.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom