Imminently going to buy a TV - deciding between 806, 935, 936, after advice

Widge

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a new TV for the front room and I'm about to pull the trigger. 48" is about my maximum in terms of size.

I've been weighing up the 806, which looks cool. But I'm now factoring in the 935, 936.

Considering my use will be Fire TV, Switch and Series X. What would you suggest in here?

The 806 is seemingly received well in here, but I'm not overly keen on the "essentially no stand" look of the thing.
The 936 sounds great, but I have no idea when it will hit in the UK, and I want something if not this week, then very soon after. Nobody is talking price, I've seen £1,699 mentioned in one source and one source only.
The 935 is about the same cost as an 806, so wondering if going in on the past flagship would be viable in a 1v1.

I was going to jump in at the 8506 series, but the thread there is not exactly encouraging. Plus I've got a budget Philips (6703) and pretty much can feel the faded HDR and blocky visuals vibe already.

If the stand with the 806 is a problem then you can always buy another (VESA) stand. Probably everyone is doing this when they have a soundbar.

You always can go for the 856 which is identical as the 806 but has another (more beautiful) stand.

Keep in mind that the software for these new televisions are still very buggy. Especially when you really need the eARC connection and using a Home Theater/Soundbar.

The 936 should be out this month and I guess it really depends on how important the gaming aspect is. The new one probably has lower input lag and of course has two HDMI 2.1 ports for the Series X
Here is a new review Google Translate
£1,699 sounds about right given the Dutch €1999 rrp ...

The 936 looks like a great option to me if the prices quoted are accurate and you don't already have a high end sound system or soundbar.

The prices that I've seen quoted in a review are £1699 for the 48", £1999 for the 55" and £2699 for the 65".

I think these are competitive prices given the 55" and 65" are both meant to have the EVO panel.
I suspect that these prices maybe incorrect as the Panasonic and Sony EVO sets are considerably more expensive. The translated dutch review shows an MSRP of €3499 for the 65" model.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noted the issues with soundbars too, which makes the 935/6 interesting as they have theirs built in. I would assume that would work fine out of the box!
Let's hope so. When the OLED935 was available there was also issue with the sound. The TV forgot some settings when powering off. The next time you use the television the (extra) subwoofer was always off. You had to go to the settings and re-enable it.

You would think that something like this is tested and works flawlessly before releasing the television. But it isn't. Sadly we've noticed that again audio issues on the 2021 models exists.

So, we haven't got pricing confirmed for the 936 and Philips message on Facebook tells me they are due to hit in December (very different to what the pieces have been saying, which is this month). So I'm almost counting that out. Especially as my bedroom TV appears to be on its way out.

With the 806 & 935 in a shootout, I'm starting to side with the 935 being the previous flagship, despite the input lag being "ok". I used to own a 9632, which was far from OK, so I think I'll survive. I'm no twitch gamer either.

Picture quality for my front room should be way better, with my slightly gloomy 43" 6703 retired to my bedroom, where it will be away from direct light. Plus integrated soundbar and elevation vs. long weird feet counts for a lot here.

I may hang fire for... a week or two, just to see if there is any further 936 news on release dates, but I'm all but there.

EDIT: lol, while deciding, the 935 went back up in price by £200. Great.

Last edited:
The 936 looks like a great option to me if the prices quoted are accurate and you don't already have a high end sound system or soundbar.

The prices that I've seen quoted in a review are £1699 for the 48", £1999 for the 55" and £2699 for the 65".

I think these are competitive prices given the 55" and 65" are both meant to have the EVO panel.
I suspect that these prices maybe incorrect as the Panasonic and Sony EVO sets are considerably more expensive. The translated dutch review shows an MSRP of €3499 for the 65" model.
Panasonic and Sony models have a bit more going on than just the panel (a G1 LG is barely more expensive than the C1 over here). £700 more for the 65" is more or less in the ballpark with €1000 more (which is absolutely ludicrous and doubt will hold up) as well.

EDIT: lol, while deciding, the 935 went back up in price by £200. Great.
Had the same thing back in April or May when I found a great local deal (well not so local to me but only one store had the deal) and ended up with a Sony LCD :laugh: (had some doubts about the soundbar which had glowing 'pro' reviews but not so much from buyers). Will now wait for the 936 probably when it nears the end of it's shelf life (do prefer the look of the 935 soundbar though with the kvadrat fabric in the front rather than on top but they'll probably have a reason for switching it 😇 )

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom