1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imminent RP Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by riprip, Jun 5, 2002.

1. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm about to spend a large chunk of cash on my first RP TV. I'm looking at either the Tosh 50WH18B or the 42WH18B.

Everyone in the forums seems to rave about the 42WH18B but I haven't seen any reviews (negative or positive) about the 50'' version. Any happy owners out there?

I'm going to hook up the tv to an Xbox and a PS2 (and probably a Gamecube at some point...) Are there any problems running games consoles through a rear-projection telly? I'm probably being really paranoid, but it's a lot of money to spend on something that ain't gonna play Halo...

One final question - I've heard that permenant station idents - like in the corner of channel five - can over time burn in to the screen and damage it. Any truth in that?

Hope someone can help.....

2. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have two Toshiba RP TV's, a 40" and a 56", although they are both older models (2 years or so old). We use both for DVD, PS2, DVD and SKY viewing. The picture on the larger set is better (seems more natural than the 40"). Whilst I am more than aware of the possibility of screen burn it is not a problem that I have experienced over the two years, even with my kids sitting glued to cartoon channels and their accompanying, pain in the backside, logos.

I have no regrest in buying RP but for the bigger sets it's worth a serious look at where they are to be located, whilst not that deep they do take up a large area.

Of course with a big screen you will realise that big sound is essential so don't forget to budget for that Amp and speakers.

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I have an XBOX and PS2 connected to my Tosh 40" RPTV without any problems at all, picture quality throughout is excellent.

As far as I know, static images can burn into the screen but only if you leave them there for a very long time.

HTH

John