iMessage Problems

Markee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I see there's some old threads with lots of people having iPhone 4/4S iMessage problems.

Is anyone still having problems, or has everyone just got fed up and gone back to SMS by turning it off?

I'm on Three, my girlfriends on Three, her son is on O2 and they are just not getting through (even though whoever sends does get "Delivered" under the blue message).

My girlfriend sent me 4 iMessages yesterday, they all say delivered but I didn't receive one! (She received my original message, i didn't receive any of her replies)

I'm on Three (4S) my wife is on Three (4) my dad is on O2 (4) and a mate is on T-mobile (4) and we have no problems at all, other than sometimes you get different threads depending on whether you or other person is using an iphone or ipad.

Use iMessage between all sorts of folk without any problems at all. Definitely been a lot more stable than when it first started. Even use the group messages quite a bit that you get if you send messages to a few people and all are on iMessage.

Thanks guys, think I'll reset and reconfigure imessage on all our phones.

One question, though.

On my iMessage settings I've got receive at two addresses. One of them is my mobile number, the other is my Apple ID email address. When I press on the email address, the "Remove This Email" button is greyed out (I guess this so I can receive messages on my iPad - ahhh maybe my missing messages are on my iPad?)

The messages should go to both your iphone & ipad if you have them set up correctly.

Have a look in the imessage settings and check that the receiving number is correct. I had a temporary number when I bought my iphone and was waiting to port my old number and it had used this number as my imessage number.

ballybally said:
Have a look in the imessage settings and check that the receiving number is correct. I had a temporary number when I bought my iphone and was waiting to port my old number and it had used this number as my imessage number.

Funny you should say that. My number was ported across to Three, it's working correctly and the number is correct in iMessage, however, the "My Number" displayed in phone settings is the original Three number that came on the SIM. I guess this is hard coded to the SIM, has anyone else found this?

Yea that's the same as I had. I think that's probably your problem with imessage. My temp number also showed up in itunes as well.

I had a bit of a chew with mine but I think you can change the number in imessage settings (it will probably show that number in facetime too so you may want to change that as well). It took me a few goes but I think I had to switch imessage off, switch the phone off and on then change the number before switching imessage back on again.

Hi Sorry for hijacking this thread but i've got a problem along the same lines.

A friend of mine has changed his phone from an iphone to a blackberry, but when i send a text message to him it still sends as iMessage and he doesn't receive it.

I receive messages from him fine and he will receive my messages if i turn imessage off, so that is a temporary solution, but Does anyone have any ideas how i can send him messages with my imessage still on?

beemer said:
Hi Sorry for hijacking this thread but i've got a problem along the same lines.

A friend of mine has changed his phone from an iphone to a blackberry, but when i send a text message to him it still sends as iMessage and he doesn't receive it.

I receive messages from him fine and he will receive my messages if i turn imessage off, so that is a temporary solution, but Does anyone have any ideas how i can send him messages with my imessage still on?

I'm sure I read somewhere that before you change from an iPhone to another phone brand you need to turn off iMessage or it causes problems

mine does this - eventually it will send as a text message if you have that option enabled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom