1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imerge M1000 track lists into multi-room system

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by seaside, Jun 16, 2005.

1. seaside

seaside
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

I would be grateful for any help anyone out there can give me please...... :lease: .

I have an Imerge M1000 music server, which I want to link into a multi-room system - My question is how do I link the text information, like artist, and track lists to the multi-room system, so that they are shown on the keypad's displays ?

I think touchpad keypads, Creston systems, etc., will all be well beyond my budget, and so my interest is in displaying text on the display built into the keypads you can get with some systems, like QED Systemline, NuVo Concerto, etc.

I want to ensure I buy the multiroom system that will display the album names, etc of the CD library I have stored on the Imerge.

Any recommendations, and suggested sources of information would be most gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark :cool:

2. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Hi;

Very few low cost systems actually can display 2 way text on their controllers - althought the Systemline has a display, it cannot show any feedback on it.

About the only low cost system that can do this is the Mordaunt Short Opus, with the TXT500 interface box to connect between the server and the Opus system box. You then can browse your collection and view information on the LCD panels they provide. The Mordaunt Short is a nice system, even has an RDS radio built in to the main unit.

Next step up in cost is probably the Linn Knekt system, after that you are into the Crestron / AMX world touch pad setups.

Hope that helps

James

3. seaside

seaside
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi "jfinnie"

Just a quick note to say thank you for your advice which pointed me in the right direction, which ended with me buying an OPUS 500 system to link via the TX500 to my Imerge M1000.

Many thanks for your help, which saved me a lot of time. :thumbsup:

4. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Glad to be of service. Enjoy! :)