iMedian HD / iMon

monkey butler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm attempting to use iMedian HD as my media player, but I'm having many problems with it.

I have an Antec Fusion V2 (black 430) with the built in VFD. The VFD drivers update to iMon which then conflicts with the VFD drivers. The iMon also installs iMedian HD.

On the surface iMedian does look nice but i seem to be stuck in a circular loop when trying to add scan folders. Any ideas how a can seperately specifiy folders for pictures, music, etc?

Also i can't get the iMon / iMedian to recognise the remote commands i'm sending it (i'm using a Harmony 525, and i've tried using both the Antec Fusion 430 and iMon remote as devices). I know the Media is receiving the commands as the VFD diusplays not recognised when it recieves most of the commands i'm sending it.

Ideally I'd also like to set up and use the Application Launcher in the iMon software, as I'm gueesing i could launch pretty much any application on my Media PC from my Harmony remote. Yet again i can't get this to work. Even when i set up to play sounds on unrecognised commands the VFD is getting teh commands but the iMon does nothing. It also appears to be set as Windows MCE remote, which won't allow me to change it.

Any ideas on how to resolve any of these issues.

Or do i just drop the lot and go for an alternative?

:lease:

Welcome to a world of hell :mad:

I looked at the iMedian and dumped it in seconds as Media Portal looks so much better, BUT the front display is a sticking point.

At this point I am unable to get the display to show anything but the basic PC info (CPU usage, etc) or link to iMedian (meaning I can't get it to show music info (WMP or MP) or movie info (KM Player or MP).

LCD Smartie :: View topic - failed to open device: DLL Initialize error: Imon.dll

Suggests a potential way forward, and contains our very own Theydon Bois, so hopefully he's reading this and can advise on how it went :lease:

The iMon software is useless, and the Soundgraph support appears to be even more so.

That's typical, I've been scanning the top level of this thread structure every couple of days, so must have missed this one !

Will try at home later, :smashin: in advance

I have an Antec Fusion V2 and vfd works fine with vista media center, all info on vfd etc and working fine with my harmony

All the info works fine on my Antec Fusion VFD and mediaportal :).

I am unable to test a remote as I use a logitech dinovo edge keyboard.. If you want any help setting up your VFD just ask :hiya:.

Regards.

I've just looked at the imedian option tonight after installing the Antec version of the the imon software (due to wanting turn off the ir reciever) .

I seemed to be stuck in loops trying set folders also and have decided to stick with Vista MCE and my movies, both which have been workng well for the past year with my Harmony 1000 :)

Thanks to everyone so far....

mid gen,

Okay, i have VFD installed (Windows XP).

I've installed iMon 7.20.05.02 deselecting iMedian along the way. However, there is no option there for an iMon PAD. I therefore updated to 7.40.0806, but that only allows MCE Remote with no option to change or delete - any ideas?

All the info works fine on my Antec Fusion VFD and mediaportal :).

I am unable to test a remote as I use a logitech dinovo edge keyboard.. If you want any help setting up your VFD just ask :hiya:.

Regards.

S Inman - what's your setup?

Thanks to everyone so far....

mid gen,

Okay, i have VFD installed (Windows XP).

I've installed iMon 7.20.05.02 deselecting iMedian along the way. However, there is no option there for an iMon PAD. I therefore updated to 7.40.0806, but that only allows MCE Remote with no option to change or delete - any ideas?

Hmm, no option at all? That's strange. That was the sticking point that prevented the IR playing with MediaPortal, it needs to be changed to an iMon PAD. I'll have a look at my configuration later and see if it can be got around.

Hmm, no option at all? That's strange. That was the sticking point that prevented the IR playing with MediaPortal, it needs to be changed to an iMon PAD. I'll have a look at my configuration later and see if it can be got around.

I still have VFD installed, if that's of any consequence???

And it gives me the following message every boot:

"IMON is already installed on your system. If you want to run VFD properly you should re-install VFD after uninstalling IMON."

Software or hardware?

Stuart.

Well you have an Antec VFD and you're successfully using MediaPortal.

Are you using iMon at all?

Any update yet mid_gen?

:lease:

You should so forget iMedian ever existed.

I bought myself a media pc only 2 weeks ago and am in love with
Media Portal. My HD films and TV Series look the business.

I also have the Antec Fusion black case but i have the Veris RM200 controller. The only thing ive not figured out is how to use the thing at its best. Ive also done nothing for the VDU on the case. That harmony link is good but unless im being an idiot the Harmony remote is different to my one?

It doesn't matter which Harmony remote you have, the software works the same and you can map it to whatever devices you like.

No luck trying to get around the remote. Needs to be changed to iMon to work with MiniDisplay. I've heard some mention of different firmware versions needing to be set upu differently :/

It doesn't matter which Harmony remote you have, the software works the same and you can map it to whatever devices you like.

No luck trying to get around the remote. Needs to be changed to iMon to work with MiniDisplay. I've heard some mention of different firmware versions needing to be set upu differently :/

Oh so my remote is a "Harmony" remote? Sorry very new into learning about this side of it. So far ive just boycotted the remote and settled for my wireless keyb/mouse or the 360 controller.

Want to pimp my HTPC up tho with the remote and display so will be here more :)

Okay, I'm going back to square one and uninstalling all iMon and VFD stuff of my PC.

I'll reinstall and let you know...

i'm currently trying to use my harmony 1000 in place of the IMon pad as well. I have used the learn IR function to programme the Harmony will all the keys from the IMon pad and everything is working perfectly. The only problem that I have is that the mouse controls do not work. It seems that the remote is sending the signals multiple times (the mouse moves across the screen in little jumps) or not at all. I think that it may be a case of trial and error to get the correct signal programmed into the remote - the only problem is that the remote needs to be updated each time which is a pain

How did you get on with the reinstall?

i'm currently trying to use my harmony 1000 in place of the IMon pad as well. I have used the learn IR function to programme the Harmony will all the keys from the IMon pad and everything is working perfectly. The only problem that I have is that the mouse controls do not work. It seems that the remote is sending the signals multiple times (the mouse moves across the screen in little jumps) or not at all. I think that it may be a case of trial and error to get the correct signal programmed into the remote - the only problem is that the remote needs to be updated each time which is a pain

No need to have the Harmony learn the Imon commands. The Imon remote settings can be set using the Harmony configuration software, as a Media PC under the name Soundgraph - the producer of Imon and Imedian. Even at the slowest speed setting a Harmony seems to send Imon commands too quickly, and often ends up sending two commands for anything but a split second button press.

Hallo Guys,

I have an Silverstone case with a touchLCD and are running iMedian to play back music. here is the problem, when I select an album, it looks at the titles of the songs and plays them in alphabeticaly order instead of by number. is there a way to change this?
is there other software that can be use with the LCD screen?

thanks

No need to have the Harmony learn the Imon commands. The Imon remote settings can be set using the Harmony configuration software, as a Media PC under the name Soundgraph - the producer of Imon and Imedian. Even at the slowest speed setting a Harmony seems to send Imon commands too quickly, and often ends up sending two commands for anything but a split second button press.

Yeah I tried to load the settings for both the IMon Pad (Soundgraph) and also the controls for the Zalman HD160+ case (which is what I have) from the database but I did not have any success using the remote to control the mouse with these. I thought that if I used the IMon Pad to programme the Harmony directly that it would work.

I do seem to be having various levels of success with trying different length button presses to programme the Harmony and after about an hour I think that I've gotten the "move right" direction sorted :rolleyes:
Technically it should work even though the Harmony only has a 4 way D pad.

Surely there's someone who has gotten their Harmony to work correctly with the Imon Pad controls?

I'll send Harmony a mail, see what they say and then post back. I mean why would they have both the IMon Pad and Zalman HD 160 controls available to upload from their database if they don't work properly :suicide:

Here goes...

Every time I boot up i got the message VFD is not working properly, uninstall iMon then reinstall VFD.

So far I've uninstalled all iMon apps, and reinstalled VFD. That seems okay. Then I stopped VFD running and installed iMon 7.4xxx.

When the install is almost complete i get the following message every time:

The setting for "MCE Remote" is existing, do you want to use existing setting?

I've chosen "no", and it still then states setting up for MCE remote!!!

Now when I run the iMon app and go to setup MCE Remote is in there, greyed out. I deleted the remote, then have an option of adding 1 of the following 4 remote types - iMon RC, iMon RSC, iMon MM, iMon EX. No Imon Pad anywhere.

I chose the iMon RC option and clicked OK. As I do it then says setting up for MCE Remote! When I go back into the iMon app the only remote now available is MCE Remote, with no Add or Delete buttons, just a Reset button (which does nothing).

Any suggestions? this is driving me insane.

Last edited:
Well I called Harmony and while they were very helpful the changes that they made to my set-up did not improve my situation. They seem to have added some custom RAW commands but again this did not allow me to control the mouse with the Harmony.

The issue seems to be that the Imon Pad has incremential steps that allows the mouse speed to be controlled more accurately. As the Harmony only has a one push action it does not seem to be able to control the mouse correctly. What I have done through trial and error is to get the Harmony to move the mouse pointer a specific distance for each direction - this took about 2 hours :thumbsdow

Even after programming the remote to do this it makes the operation of the PC somewhat impractical so I'll prob revert back to using my IMon Pad (although I'll have to open the cabinet doors to do this which is not ideal) or else use the wireless keyboard.

I was also investigating the possiblility of using an alternative Imon remote that actually works on an RF signal - these were made at one time but it seems know that they have been discontinued. Can anyone suggest any alternatives? I know that the X10 mousepad remote is a possibility but I'm not too sure how well that this would work and it seems to have a PS/2 or COM port connection which seems a little strange - can anyone provide any insight?? :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom