iMedian HD / iMon

Here goes...

Every time I boot up i got the message VFD is not working properly, uninstall iMon then reinstall VFD.

So far I've uninstalled all iMon apps, and reinstalled VFD. That seems okay. Then I stopped VFD running and installed iMon 7.4xxx.

When the install is almost complete i get the following message every time:

The setting for "MCE Remote" is existing, do you want to use existing setting?

I've chosen "no", and it still then states setting up for MCE remote!!!

Now when I run the iMon app and go to setup MCE Remote is in there, greyed out. I deleted the remote, then have an option of adding 1 of the following 4 remote types - iMon RC, iMon RSC, iMon MM, iMon EX. No Imon Pad anywhere.

I chose the iMon RC option and clicked OK. As I do it then says setting up for MCE Remote! When I go back into the iMon app the only remote now available is MCE Remote, with no Add or Delete buttons, just a Reset button (which does nothing).

Any suggestions? this is driving me insane.

Lol I had a few problems trying to get the software up and running as well. The problem is that there's still settings on the OS for the remote that have not been removed by the uninstall. Go to programmes and settings in control panel and remove everything to do with IMon and Soundgraph. Then delete all IMon and Soundgraph folders. Restart and reinstall again. The option to select the pad should be available when you set up for the first time. It's strange that the selction for remote type is greyed out - hopefull the above will sort it for you. Also are you installing from the supplied cd or downloading the latest version from tinternet?

Lol I had a few problems trying to get the software up and running as well. The problem is that there's still settings on the OS for the remote that have not been removed by the uninstall. Go to programmes and settings in control panel and remove everything to do with IMon and Soundgraph. Then delete all IMon and Soundgraph folders. Restart and reinstall again. The option to select the pad should be available when you set up for the first time. It's strange that the selction for remote type is greyed out - hopefull the above will sort it for you. Also are you installing from the supplied cd or downloading the latest version from tinternet?

Well that's half my Saturday gone so far.... :(

I've so far:
uninstalled VFD (of cd) / installed Fusion 6.2xm
uninstalled Fusion 6.2x / installed Imon 7.2x
Uninstalled Imon 7.2x / installed Imon 7.4x

Still no joy no matter which combination of installs i'm trying.

This time I'll remove everything, including folders.

Well that's half my Saturday gone so far.... :(

I've so far:
uninstalled VFD (of cd) / installed Fusion 6.2xm
uninstalled Fusion 6.2x / installed Imon 7.2x
Uninstalled Imon 7.2x / installed Imon 7.4x

Still no joy no matter which combination of installs i'm trying.

This time I'll remove everything, including folders.

This is depressing.

I've gone through everything i could see on my add/remove programs, and uninstalled imon.

Then i went into the program files folder, and removed an Antec and a Soundgraph folder completely.

Rebooted, and reinstalled 7.40.0806, and it still installs the MCE Remote. It's still greyed out, with no option to change!!!

-M0I0Pz24MYjMj96qqUfLQ

:suicide:

Last edited:
It could be that your PC is not recognising the IMon pad - can you move the mouse on screen with the software installed. If not then you may have a faulty remote. Another possible scenario is that the IR link from your VFD is not connected properly to the mobo. If none of these solutions work then I would try and contact Soundgraph directly and let them know what the problem is. It certainly is strange that you have no option to switch to the pad option. The software should definitely contain this option.

It could be that your PC is not recognising the IMon pad - can you move the mouse on screen with the software installed. If not then you may have a faulty remote. Another possible scenario is that the IR link from your VFD is not connected properly to the mobo. If none of these solutions work then I would try and contact Soundgraph directly and let them know what the problem is. It certainly is strange that you have no option to switch to the pad option. The software should definitely contain this option.

I don't actually have an iMon pad - i was just intending to use the settings from someone else.

I'm going to report this back to Soundgraph - in the meantime i'm going to attempt to get the MCE remote working via my Harmony 525, with Media Portal.

Anyone looking in had problems with it detecting your media files? I spent another hour last night trying to configure the folders where my videos, mp3s and pictures are stored, but it refuses to see them???

Oh well then that explains why you can't select any other option other than the MCE remote:confused:

If you programme the Harmony with the commands from the MCE remote, set the IMon software to use the MCE remote and then you can just use the Harmony instead of the MCE remote.

I didn't read the start of the thread :oops:

i seem to have imon and imedian on my pc, i didn't install the software on my computer but i presume it came with the case which is an antec veris fusion i think. not sure whether i should uninstall them as dunno what they do or if i need them for anything. haven't so far.

i seem to have imon and imedian on my pc, i didn't install the software on my computer but i presume it came with the case which is an antec veris fusion i think. not sure whether i should uninstall them as dunno what they do or if i need them for anything. haven't so far.

My understanding so far is that iMon is a control interface for use with an IR remote control, that allows you to navigate and launch applications (if you can get it to work).

iMedian is a media center / player. Looks quite nice but i had major difficulties in trying to set up the Add Folders, so eventually I gave up on it.

I've replaced it with Media Portal (as i'm running XP and don't have Media Center), which i'm also currently struggling with!

Oh well then that explains why you can't select any other option other than the MCE remote:confused:

If you programme the Harmony with the commands from the MCE remote, set the IMon software to use the MCE remote and then you can just use the Harmony instead of the MCE remote.

I didn't read the start of the thread :oops:

That's currently what i'm trying to do. Tried it last night but still sstruggling. Think i need to spend more time in the Harmony app, and map the MCE controls to my Harmony remote better.

My understanding so far is that iMon is a control interface for use with an IR remote control, that allows you to navigate and launch applications (if you can get it to work).

iMedian is a media center / player. Looks quite nice but i had major difficulties in trying to set up the Add Folders, so eventually I gave up on it.

I've replaced it with Media Portal (as i'm running XP and don't have Media Center), which i'm also currently struggling with!

Sounds about right. I'll be using mediaportal too. I got a remote with the case but have a harmony remote or a dinovo mini i can use so dont think i need that too.

That's currently what i'm trying to do. Tried it last night but still sstruggling. Think i need to spend more time in the Harmony app, and map the MCE controls to my Harmony remote better.

Yes this is exactly what you need to do. Try learning custom commands in the RAW format. All buttons should work perfectly with the HArmony programmed using the MCE remote as they should all be one press commands and not incremental like the IMon Pad. It can take a while though:smashin:

Anyone got any suggestions for a pad based (i.e. can control the mouse) RF controller?

Just FYI ...

I'm using a Harmony 680 which is MCE compatible out of the box

It's controlling my HTPC which came with iMon, all I did was to change the iMon settings to say my remote was MCE not the supplied iMon one, and Harmony works sweet.

The only thing for me is that i'm currently using the Antec Fusion V2 as the device, and not MCE remote.

Additionally, i'm also currently unable to power off the PC when i end the activity - it was working power on and off when i recently had Vista demo, but now with XP it only powers on.

Any ideas why it's now failing?

Also do i need to actually use iMon at all? As i'll be outputting MCE commands from the Harmony remote, and Media Portal understands these commands, what is the point of iMon?

Last edited:
The only thing for me is that i'm currently using the Antec Fusion V2 as the device, and not MCE remote.

Additionally, i'm also currently unable to power off the PC when i end the activity - it was working power on and off when i recently had Vista demo, but now with XP it only powers on.

Any ideas why it's now failing?

Also do i need to actually use iMon at all? As i'll be outputting MCE commands from the Harmony remote, and Media Portal understands these commands, what is the point of iMon?

Hmmm I'm not familiar with this case. The website says this :
"The Fusion 430 comes with a 430 Watt power supply and features an IR receiver that is compatible with Windows MCE & VISTA"
Are you sure that the VFD funcion on this case is fully compatible with XP?
Did the case come with a remote or does it just say that it is compatible with any MCE remote? If it says that it is compatible with all MCE remotes then both the power on a power off functions should work. There are ususally 3 different options on the Harmony once programmed with the MCE remote "power", "on" and "off" have you tried all of these to see can you get your HTPC to turn off?

Hmmm I'm not familiar with this case. The website says this :
"The Fusion 430 comes with a 430 Watt power supply and features an IR receiver that is compatible with Windows MCE & VISTA"
Are you sure that the VFD funcion on this case is fully compatible with XP?
Did the case come with a remote or does it just say that it is compatible with any MCE remote? If it says that it is compatible with all MCE remotes then both the power on a power off functions should work. There are ususally 3 different options on the Harmony once programmed with the MCE remote "power", "on" and "off" have you tried all of these to see can you get your HTPC to turn off?

No, I'm not sure whether it's XP compatible or not TBH.

They case came with the VFD / IR receiver. There was no remote supplied with it whatsoever.

I still need to do a lot of work to get the remote working, but did have a play last night. Thing is, i still don't quite understand what iMon does. I'm have my Harmony remote working in device mode as a Microsoft MCE remote, and i also have Media Portal configure to use the MCE remote commands.

A lot of the buttons work out of the box, some don't do anything (which i will explore later). However, this was with iMon disabled, so therefore what is the point of using it in my case? I'd like to ignore it if i can, as it just adds another level of complexity to my whole set up.

On the plus side my Media Portal is looking sweet!

No, I'm not sure whether it's XP compatible or not TBH.

They case came with the VFD / IR receiver. There was no remote supplied with it whatsoever.

I still need to do a lot of work to get the remote working, but did have a play last night. Thing is, i still don't quite understand what iMon does. I'm have my Harmony remote working in device mode as a Microsoft MCE remote, and i also have Media Portal configure to use the MCE remote commands.

A lot of the buttons work out of the box, some don't do anything (which i will explore later). However, this was with iMon disabled, so therefore what is the point of using it in my case? I'd like to ignore it if i can, as it just adds another level of complexity to my whole set up.

On the plus side my Media Portal is looking sweet!

IMon is the sodtware that Soundgraph use for their IMon Pad remotes. From what you are saying you don't need this at all as Antec have their own remote software. Where did you get IMon from and why did you install it?:)

IMon is the sodtware that Soundgraph use for their IMon Pad remotes. From what you are saying you don't need this at all as Antec have their own remote software. Where did you get IMon from and why did you install it?:)

With my Antec Fusion V2 (430) case came the VFD. I Installed the VFD software and drivers off the Antec cd included with the case. The VFD then says that there are updates available, and downlaods them, which are the iMon drivers 7.20, and then updates again to 7.4x.

Think i'll uninstall iMon and roll back to the VFD.

Media Portal was starting to look amazing (not even started configuring the remote yet). Got the Moving Pictures plugin working was is simply awesome. However when i tried to get MP-TVseries working my MP now crashes.

Think i'm going to have to start over with that as well now. :(

IMon has built in windows commands which are linked to the remote buttons - any remote button configured here becomes unavailable for program commands.

I went into IMon > Remote Control > Windows Commands > Power (from memory anyway!) then unconfigured the power button from shut down (set it to 'do not define') and configured the power button to standby. Now my power button sends the machine into S3 sleep :clap:

I did a similar thing to set the app exit (big green button) to mimic Alt+F4 to close the active app

You can also google for the .imo files others have created for the Program Commands (e.g. I have configured KM Player via here)

Can't remember seeing it mentioned here, but Mini Display is a built in Windows Plugin for Media Portal which permits you to use the VFD on the Antec case. Unfortunately doesn't work when using KM Player though, I just get the time (which doesn't update !) when I play a video file. Using the default player works fine though :mad:

However when i tried to get MP-TVseries working my MP now crashes.

What skin are you using, and did you copy the .xml file to its folder as explained in the readme that came with the plugin ?

I've got it working great, even figured out how to get fanart to display as the background image :smashin:

What skin are you using, and did you copy the .xml file to its folder as explained in the readme that came with the plugin ?

I've got it working great, even figured out how to get fanart to display as the background image :smashin:

Sorted it now.

Spent a lot of time on it last night and did a complete reinstall of Media Portal, Monochrome skin, and moving pictures / mp0tvseries plugins.

I think i'd missed some installation instruciotns in my haste to get it installed the previous time. Everything is SWEET at the moment. Looks so good that 3 of my friends are now using the same!

Next up is the sort the MCE remote plugin, the GreenButton plugin, and the DVD ripping tools (which i know nothing about :confused:).

Does someone know to use use the RM200 controller, which came with the antec fusion max case to work within mediaportal?

I really don't have a clue how to achieve that.
Now i've setup imon manager to use the rm200 as a mce remote. Still it's no fun to work with the rm200 as a mce remote in mediaportal!

Does someone know aswell the layout of a mce remote control? I mean a jpeg which tells me what functies the mce remote has in mediaportal.
Are there .imo files for? if yes where can i download them?

Hope someone can help me out.

I recently build a htpc : asus p4p800-x cpu P4 2,8Ghz running at 3.08Ghz memory 1 Gb graphic card Msi 5600 VIVO 128Mb . Build in a Antec fusion max.

gr Niels

Does someone know to use use the RM200 controller, which came with the antec fusion max case to work within mediaportal?

I really don't have a clue how to achieve that.
Now i've setup imon manager to use the rm200 as a mce remote. Still it's no fun to work with the rm200 as a mce remote in mediaportal!

Does someone know aswell the layout of a mce remote control? I mean a jpeg which tells me what functies the mce remote has in mediaportal.
Are there .imo files for? if yes where can i download them?

Hope someone can help me out.

I recently build a htpc : asus p4p800-x cpu P4 2,8Ghz running at 3.08Ghz memory 1 Gb graphic card Msi 5600 VIVO 128Mb . Build in a Antec fusion max.

gr Niels

Have a look here mate
iMON Remotes mapping for MediaPortal - MediaPortal Forum

Morning all, I have a Fusion case from about 18months ago, the one that came with built in ir but no remote, I have it working perfectly with MediaPortal.

I use iMON_7_40_0806 software, select MCE remote and mapped the buttons and all is perfect.

My problem is i've built a htpc for a pal using a fusion case but his came with a veris rm200 remote. To make it easier i changed his imon settings to use MCE remote and learnt all my remote to his but I get absolutely nothing?????

I presume that the imon software on his must be a different version because on mine i don't get the option to select rm100 or rm200.

Would changing his imon to iMON_7_40_0806 help do you think?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom