1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imax

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cyberheater, Apr 12, 2005.

1. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I've just been to my local IMAX for the first time and i'm completely blown away.
    I've got pretty used to the fact the my home cinema system can compete with my local cinema in terms of black levels and contrast and although the resolution of my system isn't as high as the cinema's, for normal film viewing it always felt close.

And then I went and to the IMAX.

Oh my god! The image and resolution is just phenomenal. It look 'real'.

We saw 45 mins of 3D stuff and it was amazing. Even saw a section of 'Antz' done in high resolution in 3D and it was astounding. I can't believe the amount of detail that was there. It was astounding.

I know we go on about resolutions of home projector systems but they need to go a long way till they look as good as that did. My goal has moved. My dream is further away but oh boy. What a dream.

If you love projection systems. Go and give yourself a huge treat by going to see a IMAX film. You won't be disapointed.

2. RLT

RLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Where is your Imax cinema located at ?
    Non in my area

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    seen spiderman 2 in imax and was like :eek: it cannot look this good. safe to say with the poor R2 pic quality on dvd it was no where near as good at home