IMAX Hubble 3D £15.72 WOW HD

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Welsh Whirlwind, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Supposedly one of the best IMAX documentaries for showing off your 3D TV.

IMAX: Hubble 3D (Blu-ray 3D) | WOW HD UK

I have only seen this available for silly money on import up until now (£28+), I'm pretty sure the disk is region free despite the listing saying region A, everything I've read seems to confirm that fact, although I would be grateful if any owners of the disk would confirm this! Cheers. :D

2. revans9

revans9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I got this from, erm, another source. very disappointing and glad i didn't spend £15.72 on it. it was mainly a lot of space with the arm of the shuttle transporting the hubble creating a bit of a 3D effect every now and again.

there's a travelling-through-space sequence but even that wasn't particularly impressive.

under the sea with jim carrey was much better!

3. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    Well, I've got to say I disagree with you :D.

I received my copy yesterday (it is region free) and watched it last night. The picture quality was absolutely spectacular. Granted, you're not getting very much negative parallax 'pop-out shots' in this release, but the 3D picture on this disc is hypnotically beautiful... I'd go as far as saying it is the most spectacular looking film I have yet to see on a blu ray disc, in 3D or not.

An absolute reference quality presentation imo and one of the best 3D demo's out there. Highly reccomended. :thumbsup: