Imax DVDs

I wonder if that tropical rainforest dvd is the same one I saw at the bradford tv museum some years ago..?

How much and long does shipping take from there?

Phil

JUST ORDERED 5

Genesis - IMAX 1

Grand Canyon - IMAX (DTS)

Great Barrier Reef (IMAX)

Solar Max - IMAX (DTS)

Tropical Rainforest - IMAX

:smashin:

Just ordered 5 - states :-

'Delivery costs will be added where applicable.'

any idea on how much they charge?

I think the $4.50 is per disc, for 5 0r more its about $20

Does anyone know what aspect ratio these are?

Does anyone know what aspect ratio these are?

They should be 4:3. At least thats the screen shape at the Bradford Imax. I saw 'Grand Canyon' there, many years ago, and it filled the 'square' screen.

Dean

I ordered two, it works out at about £8.50 including delivery :eek: :cool:

Got an email today to day that order has been despatched. Thanks for spotting this.

Cheers all

mine got shipped today 5 discs for under £25 :thumbsup:

Anybody received and watched them yet?

Care to comment?

Intrigued as to whether they'd be any good?

I went a bit mad and ordered 10 of them :blush: . Shipping for 10 according to their site is $40 or £15.50 just to give some idea. I hope customs don't sting me for more as my total purchase cost is currently running at around £43.25... Superb.

I'm glad I've stuck with my 6' x 6' screen, it should show these disks off nicely.

Clint.

Watched the Barrier Reef one last night on the projector; the footage is fantastic but either I was doing something wrong or the PQ is bloody awful! Loads of jaggies..........I was watching it at 720p through the yamakawa to a HS10.

Anybody else find this, not too dissapointed though as they were a present for the little lady and she loves the colours!!

Cheers all

I watched the Rainforest one last night and thought the transfer looked a bit muted and soft, but for the price I'm not going to complain. Wouldn't have wanted to pay full price but at this price they're a steal.
Got the Lost Worlds and Ancient Egypt ones to go through still.

Just ordered 4

Great Barrier Reef (IMAX)
Tropical Rainforest - IMAX
Grand Canyon - IMAX (DTS)
Solar Max - IMAX (DTS)

Heh heh

good spot!!

A bit O/T but if you are into space exploration I can recommend IMAX 'The Dream Is Alive'. Not only are the close up launch scenes & views of earth from space fantastic, but it reminds me of holidays in Florida as it's one of the films they show at Kennedy Space centre.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom