Images from the Undergrowth

sbowler

Great shots, love the flickr ones too. What lens are you using? was thinking of getting the Sigma 105mm macro. would this give me the ability to take shots similar to yours?

Beaker

great pictures, what sort of lens are you using as I'd like to try some macro photography.

Cheers
Beaker

Tobers

#3,#4 and #7 are my faves amongst an excellent set. The slater ones are really cool as well - the beastie looks other-worldly.

allie_c

great pictures, what sort of lens are you using as I'd like to try some macro photography.

Cheers
Beaker

Great shots, love the flickr ones too. What lens are you using? was thinking of getting the Sigma 105mm macro. would this give me the ability to take shots similar to yours?

Thanks Beaker and sbowler for the comments.

I use canons MP-E 65mm 1x to 5x life size macro lens for all of these shots. Most of these shots (apart from the first and woodlouse shots) were taken at magnifications higher than x4 life size.

The Sigma is an awesome lens however it only goes to 1:1 and with a full set of extension tubes x2 magnification you would then need to reverse another lens onto the front of the sigma to get magnifications nearer x5 life size.

Canon are the only people that make a lens that goes from x1 to x5 life size without the need for extension tubes or reversed lenses.

I only really use the MP-E 65 for photographing these very small insects and extreme closeups of the larger bugs. I use a Tamron 90mm for al my other macro work.

Hope this helps.

Alistair.
Also all of the images have been focus stacked from a number of images to achieve a good depth of field and detail.

Deano_uk

I really enjoy looking at Macro photography but wonder if I would have the patience to do it myself, although I would dearly like to try.

I can just imagine by the time I got ready to take a shot the little critters would have disappeared into the distance :D

Your images are wonderful by the way.

salubrious_k

Stunning macros. The level of detail is amazing!

morb666

Quite Stunning, Love 'em :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom