Image Won't display on Screen! Please Help.

rorymc14

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Sony STR DG500 audio receiver, which is hooked up to my Sky digital via component cables, this works perfectly, however, I also have my dvd player (Yahama DV-C6860) connected to it and only the sound appears to work....

It is set up the exact same way as the Sky digital box via component cables, but all i get with sound... I have tried other dvd players with no luck... It is connected to a projector...

I feel that I am just missing out on something small...

Can anyone please help?

try changing the output resolution. I think some bluray players can only output sd material.

Sounds like a DVD player misconfiguration.

Check the Yamaha DV-C6860's video setup menu (see manual, pages 9+ & 24+). Specifically, ensure that Progressive is OFF and YUV/S-video is YUV. If you cannot see the menu to make the settings, follow the instructions on page 26 of the manual.

If that doesn't help, what happens if you run a SCART cable from the Yamaha to the projector?

Last edited:
Hi,

I still cant get it working.... It used to work that when it was unplugged it just stopped... I changed the dvd player to a Philips DVP3520, which also has component jacks at the back.. but still no luck....

I changed the settings for output resolution to YUV.... and if i connect them to a tv via component cables they both work, but when i connect them to my Infocus Projector ScreenPlay 5700, no image displays..... But when the sky digital box is connected diretly, it displays the picture.... I really don't understand what the problem is...

I still cant get it working.... It used to work that when it was unplugged it just stopped... I changed the dvd player to a Philips DVP3520, which also has component jacks at the back.. but still no luck....

I changed the settings for output resolution to YUV.... and if i connect them to a tv via component cables they both work, but when i connect them to my Infocus Projector ScreenPlay 5700, no image displays..... But when the sky digital box is connected diretly, it displays the picture.... I really don't understand what the problem is...
Let me see if I understand.
Yamaha DVD -> TV over component: Good
Philips DVD -> TV over component: Good
Sky Digital -> TV over component: Good
Yamaha DVD -> Infocus SP5700 Projector over component: Bad
Philips DVD -> Infocus Projector over component: Bad
Sky Digital -> Infocus Projector over component: Good

Is this correct? If so, we can safely eliminate the STR DG500. Rather we need to look at the Infocus SP5700 Projector, or at least ensure it supports the same outputs as the DVD, or reconfigure to match. I assume you are using real component outputs, not a "SCART to component" adapter?

What happens if you use the S-VHS connector to the projector?

Yeah, that is correct...

And I am using real component outputs... Neither of the dvd players have S-VHS, only the projector has this...

Originally the Yamaha DVD was wired up by a single digital cable, now, as when used with both the Philips dvd and the yamaha, there is no picture only sound...

Originally the Yamaha DVD was wired up by a single digital cable, now, as when used with both the Philips dvd and the yamaha, there is no picture only sound...
I'm confused again. Sound is carried over a single s/pdif digitial cable to the receiver, but we have already proven that the receiver is not implicated in any of your problems. For the picture, there is no "single digital cable" link, and the problem is unequivocally between your two DVD players and the projector.

Could you confirm that if the DVD is set to YUV and 576i (progressive off), it works to the TV over component, but not to the projector, using the same component cables?
Neither of the dvd players have S-VHS, only the projector has this...
According to the Yamaha manual, it has an S-VHS connector on both the US and the European models, so could you check again? Also, what happens if you use a SCART -> S-VHS cable? For both, reconfigure the player for S-Video instead of YUV.

You may well be better off taking this to a projector forum, as it has nothing to do with AV Receivers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom