Image to small for screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Cocksure, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Cocksure

Cocksure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,542
    Hi all,
    Just last week I purchased a HD80, and whilst I'm very happy with the PJ (depsite the EDID issue), I know have the issue of the projected image is not able to fully fill my screen (theirs about a 2" gap all the way around.)

Now whilst the picture is watchable its far from ideal, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what I could do to fix this. I would like to buy a new screen, but what with the PJ, a new graphic card and a HDMI lead this is not an option for me at present or any time in the near future.

2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,085
    I take it moving the projector or screen a few more inches back is not possible as this would give you the extra 2" screen fill you would need.

3. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,064
    Some options if cash is tight -

1. Increase the distance between PJ and screen by moving either back (guessing this isn't an option).
    2. Increase the size of the black border on your existing screen using either self adhesive fabic i.e. black fablon, flok tape etc or blackboard paint.

AVI

4. Cocksure

Cocksure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,542
    Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:
    Alas moving the PJ back further is not an option as it is presently right up tight to a chimney breast and I do not overly fancy taking it out (proves the only ventalation to the room)

The idea of increasing the black boards on the screen seems to be the best bet so will give that a try, thanks.

5. Graham N

Graham N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Hi Lizard,

I assume you have used the lens zoom to get the picture as large as possible. Aplologies if this is too obvious.

Another method often mentioned is to turn the PJ around and bounce the picture off a mirror on the back wall. My son has had to do this with his set up. The PJ is mounted about 3 or 4 feet from the back wall.

Cheers,

Graham