• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

image sizing on screen basic question

happyhero

Standard Member
Sorry not had a projector before so beginners question, probably pretty obvious, but how do I control picture size without moving the projector, i.e. do all projectors have a zoom function to control this or do I need to select a certain projector?

I basically would like to have the screen and projector a set distance apart, probably about 3.3m and be able to enlarge the image to a decent size. Any ideas what size I could achieve over this distance, so that I know what size screen I could possibly go for?

happyhero

Standard Member
thanks for that signs but do I take it that image size is fixed and you have to move the projector or screen to change image size, i.e no zoom feature etc, if that is the right name for it?

sub routine

some have zoom, not sure if all do or not. There will maybe be a digital zoom as well as an optical zoom function, digital zoom willl affect picture quality though and is best to be avoided. The viewing distance is generally referred to as the throw of the projector. A projector could also be referred to as having a medium throw or short throw for obvious reasons.

choose some models in your price range, pop them in the website that signs has linked and see where you get one is bound to fit the bill.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom