1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image size on Sony KDL-S23A10U

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Krudler, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Krudler

Standard Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I finally plumped for the Sony KDL-S23A12U as it was for the bedroom and I primarily want to use connected to my HP Media Centre PC.

Apart from the fact that my Graphics card only seems capable of 1280x720 output, which leaves some of the screen blank, I have another problem that is confusing me.

For some unknown reason when I record Sky on my Sony DVD recorder, and then play them on the Media Centre PC, the image size is even smaller and I end up with large (about 5cm or so) black bars on the sides of the screen and about 3cm at the top and bottom. I've tried DVD+R and DVD-R and same result every time.

I need to do some more tests but it might not happen when I do the same from Freeview, I will have to check this.

Is there anything I can do to stop this. Also, I was reading about overscan on one of the threads and wondered if this is a setting (or feature) of the TV or the PC and if so, will it mean the whole screen is filled by the 1280x720 image from the PC without distoriting the image?

Cheers for any help.