Image retention

Lizzybif

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had my Panasonic 37X10 for a couple of years now and am having problems with image retention from those flipping channels with static logos and QVC!

Thankfully, it does disappear after a while but is annoying watching programmes whilst it is still showing!:thumbsdow

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

I have had a look at Pixelprotector and wondered whether this is any good? It does seem to be a lot of hassle though?

Any advice would be ever so much appreciated.:smashin:

What settings do you use for the contrast etc? Maybe they are a bit high? I assume you use cinema or normal and not dynamic mode!

I have a 37PX80, previous gen, never seen IR and I am a devil for leaving Sky paused, watching Q for hours etc

Cheers Vickster.

I have contrast turned down 4 clicks from Default and always use Cinema.

I can't understand why I'm having this problem now as am never on QVC for very long and yet the blinking (well no literally!lol) logo can be seen for some time after viewing.
I noticed the Channel 5 logo for a little while as well and, again, I wasn't viewing this channel for long either.

I don't know why broadcasters need to have logos anyway? Surely, we don't need reminding as to what channel we are watching?

I think with QVC it is a reminder to change over as soon as possible and watch something decent :D

My mother has had this plasma TV since buying it new, must be 3 yrs ago almost, they have set to "Normal", viewing channels via Virgin HD box.

Stunning picture and no signs of IR, considering they watch a lot of Sky sports news etc, I have also used it for gaming on the few times I have looked after the house when they go on holiday, it is as good as my 42" G20 for gaming.

Lee :)

I think with QVC it is a reminder to change over as soon as possible and watch something decent :D

Ha ha. I think you could be right!;) I don't really watch it very much anyway.

My mother has had this plasma TV since buying it new, must be 3 yrs ago almost, they have set to "Normal", viewing channels via Virgin HD box.

Stunning picture and no signs of IR, considering they watch a lot of Sky sports news etc, I have also used it for gaming on the few times I have looked after the house when they go on holiday, it is as good as my 42" G20 for gaming.

Yes it is a great telly Lee.Do your parents have the 37" or 42"? I love the 37" but do sometimes wish I had gone for the 42" but not sure whether it will squeeze into the space I have.
Do your parents notice a big difference on the HD channels?

Thankfully, the IR doesn't last long. It does annoy me that in the bumph re PixelProtector that they class IR as being the same as ScreenBurn and say how it can ruin your telly!:nono:

Thanks for your replies.:)

Ha ha. I think you could be right!;) I don't really watch it very much anyway.

Yes it is a great telly Lee.Do your parents have the 37" or 42"? I love the 37" but do sometimes wish I had gone for the 42" but not sure whether it will squeeze into the space I have.
Do your parents notice a big difference on the HD channels?

Thankfully, the IR doesn't last long. It does annoy me that in the bumph re PixelProtector that they class IR as being the same as ScreenBurn and say how it can ruin your telly!:nono:

Thanks for your replies.:)

Hi,

Their TV is the 37" model, not had a scrap of bother with it since buying it new. The only time the TV broadcasts any HD channels is when I call up, viewing SD channels through the Virgins HD box look really good, HD look even better.

I view HD channels via Freeview on my 42" G20 but they don't look as good as HD on my mums set, I would say it is down to the Virgin box broadcasting via cable as oposed to over the airways.

They sometimes wish they went for the 42" as they have quite a bit of room for one, they will probably go for a bigger set when this one decides it is not playing anymore.

Hi Lee

Thanks for your reply and I am so glad that HD looks good on your parents' telly.:thumbsup:

I am saving up for a Humax HD PVR so glad to hear it will be worthwhile.

Yes I might get a 42" when my telly 'dies' but until then I will just enjoy it.:smashin:

Liz
:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom