1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Resolution

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jkapa, May 3, 2004.

1. jkapa

jkapa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´ve never owned projectors before but have been doing some e-research and I´m thinking of buying an Hitachi ILLUMINA PJ-TX10.

I have a few question though: being it a 852x480 projector how does it handle 720x576 (PAL) DVD feed?
    And what about PC - do I have to set my graphics card resolution to 640x480 to be able to see the whole picture? (I have it set at 1280x1024).

The projector will be used mainly for DVD and digital photography projector that´s why these questions are bothering me.

Regards

J

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    It will down scale the higher res image to fit. You can use Powerstrip to feed it with it's native resolution as the graphics card may be a better scaler than the projector - if it's a Radeon, then it will almost certainly be better.

Try the card at lower resolutions and work your way up to see what looks best. You might be quite happy with one of the standard ones such as 800 x 600. The software dvd player such as Power DVD will make it the right aspect when playing a movie.

Gary.

3. jkapa

jkapa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´m afraid I didn´t made myself very clear about the DVD bit of the thread... the projector will be connected to a standalone DVD player.

I want to hook it to the PC to see my digital photography library on the wall.

Thanks for the tips

J