Image Resizing

dts197

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm wanting to resize a picture for use on here but can't get the filesize small enough to be accepted (unless I go so small it's not worth it).

I've tried using image shack, photo bucket but can only get it down to 127kb and the max allowed on here is 120kb.

The full file size taken with a digital camera is 1.85mb. I've tried using the resize tool on here but lately when I've used it, it doesn't work!

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks.

I wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm wanting to resize a picture for use on here but can't get the filesize small enough to be accepted (unless I go so small it's not worth it).

I've tried using image shack, photo bucket but can only get it down to 127kb and the max allowed on here is 120kb.

The full file size taken with a digital camera is 1.85mb. I've tried using the resize tool on here but lately when I've used it, it doesn't work!

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks.

Open it up in an image editing program and resize it so that it's no longer than 800 pixels along it's longest side and then save it as a jpeg file. If the file is too big do it again but lower the quality of the jpeg, keep doing that until you get to the right file size.

I've tried using image shack, photo bucket but can only get it down to 127kb and the max allowed on here is 120kb
Well why not just leave it uploaded onto image shack and post the thumbnail link on here?

Well why not just leave it uploaded onto image shack and post the thumbnail link on here?

I could do I suppose. I just would have liked them to have worked the other way! While I'm asking, do you know how people post pics where they appear full size and you scroll down them? As opposed to thumb pics.

I could do I suppose. I just would have liked them to have worked the other way! While I'm asking, do you know how people post pics where they appear full size and you scroll down them? As opposed to thumb pics.

Click the Insert Image icon above the text area of your new post.

I prefer imageshack over photobucket as it generates thumbnail codes. Its only as sometimes I post wallpapers which mess up pages in forums, as you then have horizontal scroll as the image is too big. But if its say max 640x480 or 800x600, I would then just post the image up as normal

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom