1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Problem with Sony 28FX65U - Anybody else seen it?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RobHaines, Mar 11, 2002.

1. RobHaines

RobHaines

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Have just recieved a new Sony 28FX65U. Having not owned a 100Hz widescreen TV before, I just wanted to check on this image problem before I send it back.

There appears to by a black shadow to the lower right of any area of high contrast. The is most obvious when watching the E4 logo (a white symbol against a purple background). It is also easy to see during the titles at the end of a program.

The problem is faint but noticable (especially when you start looking for it )

At first I though this might be due to the cheapo Scart lead that was supplied with my NTL box but after trying other sources (internal tuner, video via composite scart, video camera via s-video).

Has anybody seen this problem?
    Does this problem have a name?
    More to the point does anybody know if it can be fixed without sending it back? (I'm already on my second, the first was dropped and I'm not really keen on lugging a third one up the stairs)

Cheers,

Rob.

2. Gee_DD

Gee_DD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry I can't help with your problem, but you could try here

I have been nothing but disappointed with this television...apart from being nigh on impossible to get a decent picture from, less than a weeks use has resulted in the development of a flickering picture worse than my old 50hz Sony.

Pathetic.