1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

image noise (pixelation) around people/objects

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bluecupra, Sep 23, 2005.

1. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I recently purchased an Hitachi 42PD7200 TV which i am very happy with. The only "concern" is that when watching TV (digital) i sometimes see image noise or "pixelation" around people and objects (have read these terms in the Pioneer 436 topic). Could anyone explain why this is being caused? Is this the signal or TV? I have tried another scart cable (Monstercable) between the digital decoder and TV but this doesn't provide an solution.

Jeffrey

2. Bleeders

Bleeders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    It's nowt' to do with your cables mate, it's just the poor quality nature of the feed.

Are you running DVD through component?

3. bluecupra

bluecupra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Sony DVD player which is connected with an scart cable to the screen. I am waiting for the Denon 1920 DVD player, it's due to arrive next week. Even on some DVD's i have this "problem". I hope the Denon 1920 with HDMI fixes this.

So the pixelation or image noise is being caused by the signal the tv is getting? Replacing any cables after the digital decoder will not have any effect?

Jeffrey

4. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I 'coined' that term!! :D

I think its related to the actual image not being of very high quality, therefore when you blow it up onto a big screen you see more problems. Although im not sure why this gets worse when there is movement?!

5. rdhw

rdhw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Running dots around colour boundaries, especially when moving, is a typical feature of using a Composite signal on the connection into the TV. You may very well be using a SCART cable, but that might only be carrying a Composite signal. You need to ensure that the source of the signal is configured to send an RGB signal down the SCART. Normally the TV will automatically switch to receiving RGB when RGB appears on the SCART, but there might be configuration settings in the TV for that as well.