1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Judder

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DTech, Oct 12, 2004.

1. DTech

DTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Gents

This is a real basic one from the uneducated. I have noticed on DVD playback to my plasma (88+ outputting prog scan to a PWD6) that on certain slow panning shots, (left to right or top to bottom) the image appears to move in increments as opposed to a smooth movement. This tends to be more evident on NTSC discs. I have also noticed this when demoing a couple of projectors recently. Can anyone tell me what causes this and how you can rectify it - I'm assuming this is a question relevant to this forum but point me in the right direction if its not.

Cheers

Dtech

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    DTech

It could be the Disc or it could be the Display doing Frame Rate Conversion - you may want to have a Play with some of the Menu settings in the Display to see if you can minimise the judder.

I'm surprised its more evident on NTSC discs - the panel is better suited to NTSC than it is to PAL; I don't suppose you have your DVD player outputting everything in PAL mode?

Best regards

Joe