Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Image Freeze when record NTSC VHS with Pioneer DVD-R 220

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mokas, Sep 19, 2004.

1. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , i try to copy my NTSC VHS on DVD and for some VHS the image freeze sometime ( not the audio ) , I have read the manual and try that :
    -go on “Video/Audo adjust” and change the 3-D Y/C and Black Setup ( only thoses 2 setting affect NTSC on Video/Audo adjust )

-on “Input Color System” and change “Auto” to Pal-60” because the manual say sometime the Auto function can not always work

- Finalyze or not finalyze the DVD-RW

Also one Strange thing is that I choose SP mode so it should record 2 hours , but I let the DVD recording before go to sleep and in the morning he recorded 9 hours 6 min !!!!!! , I didn’t set to Optimized Rec

I even try to view the result on my PC using Ulead DVD movie Factory and I still see thoses image freeze happen time to time , the VHS is not so old in good condition and work Fine when i see it on TV , what can I do more to have a better result ?

Thank’s

2. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After continue to test a Lot i see that this problem also occur with PAL VHS ! , so it's not a NTSC problem , i just call the seller i bought the recorder Pioneer and they don't have any technician , he give me a phone number suposed help me and they also don't have any technician , the only thing he can do he change it , but he work for record TV so if i change it ichange it i gonna have same problem ( have to pay for return it too :mad: ) my only solution is you guy's :blush: :lease:

One thing who can help you to understand the problem is How recording in SP mode i have recorded 9 Hours !! ?? ( it was on NTSC and after 1 hours the VHS stoped so he recorded black ) , also as english is not my primary language i think the rather then image freeze the exact word should rather be "jerk" or "jolt"

Thank's in advance .

3. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem resolved , i just post in case others have this problem in futur here , the problem was the "black box" for being able to copy VHS with Macrovision protection , i change it for a new model and work fine now , i didn't think of that before because for some VHS with Macrovision i didn't have any problem , it's only after lot of test that i decided to test new version of this black box :thumbsup: