Image Freeze when record NTSC VHS with Pioneer DVD-R 220

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mokas, Sep 19, 2004.

1. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , i try to copy my NTSC VHS on DVD and for some VHS the image freeze sometime ( not the audio ) , I have read the manual and try that :
    -go on “Video/Audo adjust” and change the 3-D Y/C and Black Setup ( only thoses 2 setting affect NTSC on Video/Audo adjust )

-on “Input Color System” and change “Auto” to Pal-60” because the manual say sometime the Auto function can not always work

- Finalyze or not finalyze the DVD-RW

Also one Strange thing is that I choose SP mode so it should record 2 hours , but I let the DVD recording before go to sleep and in the morning he recorded 9 hours 6 min !!!!!! , I didn’t set to Optimized Rec

I even try to view the result on my PC using Ulead DVD movie Factory and I still see thoses image freeze happen time to time , the VHS is not so old in good condition and work Fine when i see it on TV , what can I do more to have a better result ?

Thank’s

2. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After continue to test a Lot i see that this problem also occur with PAL VHS ! , so it's not a NTSC problem , i just call the seller i bought the recorder Pioneer and they don't have any technician , he give me a phone number suposed help me and they also don't have any technician , the only thing he can do he change it , but he work for record TV so if i change it ichange it i gonna have same problem ( have to pay for return it too :mad: ) my only solution is you guy's :blush: :lease:

One thing who can help you to understand the problem is How recording in SP mode i have recorded 9 Hours !! ?? ( it was on NTSC and after 1 hours the VHS stoped so he recorded black ) , also as english is not my primary language i think the rather then image freeze the exact word should rather be "jerk" or "jolt"

Thank's in advance .

3. mokas

mokas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem resolved , i just post in case others have this problem in futur here , the problem was the "black box" for being able to copy VHS with Macrovision protection , i change it for a new model and work fine now , i didn't think of that before because for some VHS with Macrovision i didn't have any problem , it's only after lot of test that i decided to test new version of this black box :thumbsup: