Image discolouration on PTAE100E

J

JohnCorleone

Hey guys,

Got myself a Pioneer DVD 656A and Nobo 6ftx 6ft tripod screen since last posting :) I'm now connecting via component cables (Ixos) and I must say the picture quality difference is remarkable. Colours are so much more vibrant, and pictures more defined. Unfortunately I've noticed what I can only call a "green smudge" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, this is only noticeable in dark scenes and has only occured since I got the screen and new DVD player, making it difficult to know what has caused this or whether it existed all along, but as I was only using S-video onto a wall didnt notice it? Anyone seen this before or know what it may be? I cant seem to make it out when I watch TV via composite cables. It isnt the screen as its in the same spot no matter where the image is on the screen. Ive cleaned the lens and I'm really hoping it isnt the lamp. (Approx 50 hours use so far)

Cheers as always,

John

Incidentally when I see clean the lens I mean run a cloth along the outside lens to remove outside dust. After reading back through some posts Ive seen one other person experiencing a similiar problem with a piece of dust/hair on the LCD panels inside an AE300. IS this what it most likely is ?

JohnCorleone

How big is the smudge? If its small then, having read some of the previous threads, it sounds like dust. If its large then its possibe you've got a colour uniformity problem. Switch the PJ to an input with no connection and switch the background colour to grey for the best view of the problem.

Have a search for both on the forum to see which sounds the most like your problem. Mine has the latter - Panasonic have had it for repair for 3 months and have promised a replacement but I haven't received it yet!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Richard

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom