image break up on BBC HD

leo79

Hi

I've just bought and fitted Labgear Free To Air Hd Kit from screwfix.

Labgear HD Complete Satellite Kit - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

I know it's cheap and nasty but it's purely to watch the world cup in HD.

I fitted it today, have a signal quality of 65-70% and signal intensity of 80-85%, however I've just put France v Uruguay on BBC HD and the quality of image is definately HD but it's unwatchable due to constant break up in picture.

Do I need to try and improve my signal quality or is this a trait of BBC HD?

Corrie on ITV HD is fine!

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Leo

Ghostleader

I also noticed break up on the game, nothing to do with signal levels on your receiver, just a lack luster effort again from BBC HD & their crappy encoders!

icarusi

Standard Member
I also noticed break up on the game, nothing to do with signal levels on your receiver, just a lack luster effort again from BBC HD & their crappy encoders!
No breakup here on a Ross HDR 6110USB (B&Q) I was fiddling about and comparing PQ to Fortecstar Passion Plus, but didn't notice any breakup on the France/Uraguay game. I have a 90cm dish on an H-H mount. I normally use null-null to set up a new dish, rather than peaking a meter.

FYI null-null is moving the dish E-W and N-S until the signal disappears, marking those extremes and setting to a mid-point between them.

MILO240968

Standard Member
I have sky + and as i was recording two other programmes, i was watching the fra - uruguay match on teresterial.

There was some break up of picture occasionally. I think mainly when close up of players and quick movement.

it may have been the general link from south africa and not your equipment

leo79

Thanks for the replies.

I've just checked BBC HD and it is the same picture, constantly breaking up, so I think it has got to be my dish allignment.

I've got people coming round tonight to watch england v usa, so hopefully ITV HD will be OK. It seems all right at the moment.

Cheers

Leo

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Thanks for the replies.

I've just checked BBC HD and it is the same picture, constantly breaking up, so I think it has got to be my dish allignment.

I've got people coming round tonight to watch england v usa, so hopefully ITV HD will be OK. It seems all right at the moment.

Cheers

Leo

Depending which version of ITV1-HD you are getting, if it's the opposite polarity to BBC-HD it's likely the lnb skew needs a tweak. ITV-HD and BBC-HD both come from Astra-2D so azimuth and elevation should be OK.

leo79

Depending which version of ITV1-HD you are getting, if it's the opposite polarity to BBC-HD it's likely the lnb skew needs a tweak. ITV-HD and BBC-HD both come from Astra-2D so azimuth and elevation should be OK.

Thank you so much. I've adjusted the LNB and the picture on BBC HD and ITV HD is perfect.

Thanks again.

Leo

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom