Image blur (or alike) issue with 40W3000

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kineus, Jan 15, 2008.

1. kineus

kineus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm unsure on how to define my issue, or if it is really an issue or an LCD-generic problem, but here I go.

I recently got myself a sony 40W3000. I've done some connections, have my harware setup, and I have these issues:

- SDTV looks OK (via DVBT antenna). Some parts look blury, but I'm aware it's a SDTV problem inHDTV large screens.
    - PS3 / BD and games (via HDMI) OK.

However, when I get video via SCART, from the old DVD player, I get this "odd" problem:
    • Even with slow movements, some faces and parts of the image act like "frozen". If a guy is talking then I can get to see the face opening, and it's like the rest of the face is frozen, then causing some odd appearance.
    I tried with a new DVD that upscales to 1080p via HDMI, and I'd say it solves some, but the issue remains. I know some blur may happen in fast movements, but this is a guy talking waking, this kind of movements. It happens in several DVDs.

Hence the Q's, considering HD images are ok:
    • Can it be the TV, I mean, a TV problem?
    • Can it be fixed with settings within the TV?
    • Is it due to the scart? Components would do better?
    Bottomline? Is it normal/common?

2. bigtim

bigtim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Turn off all the nasty noise reduction in the settings. That's what's causing this effect.

3. kineus

kineus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did, this morning, a quite fast test with NR off, and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

I was quite worried by this odd condition.

A bit of a shame to have that. Partly, it must be due to the poor SDTV signal but, anyway, the price of the TV is not for this kind of "effects".

Thanks, again!