1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Blur on Slow Pans...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Monster, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I would welcome opinion on this.

I have a Panasonic AE300 and although its great, its biggest fault to me is the way the image blurs on slow camera pans.

This seems to happen with interlaced signals as well as progressive. I have noise reduction etc Off.

Do you notice this on your projectors?

I would be particularly interested to hear from anyone who has upgraded from an AE300 to another Panasonic PJ. I'm thinking of upgrading to 720p LCD AE900/Z4 and hope that this is a problem that has been designed out or significantly improved.

A good example is the long range sweeping pan in Fellowship of the Ring during the Prologue, when the shot pans across a cliff top to show the Man/Elf forces fighting Sauraman's orcs on the dark plains below.

Thanks.

2. Lucas

Lucas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well this is a result of deinterlacing either at the player for progressive output or in the projector if it is fed an interlaced signal.

3. mitor

mitor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Hi

Hard to tell, most image devices suffer from all manner of flaws and it's very much in the eye of the beholder wether it consitutes a serious problem

I've got an AE700 and the only thing I notice on horizontal pans is a slight optical distortion in the lower right corner due to lens shift.

However on my LCD telly the response time means that sometimes if there is a slow pan over writing it becomes totally illegible!

I would suggest trying to get a viewing of the newer kit first, i could say to you that it doesn't blur (which is true) but that is only my opinion, your mileage may vary.