Image artifacts: Plasma vs LCD Current technology

JoseD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Since I'm haven't been on par with latest developments I was wondering if the situation is still pretty much the same, now with LCD's and plasmas going on their 7th generation, LCD having much more noticeable image artifacts, specially around object edges. I'm not refering to the motion artifacts wich, as far as I understand, have been solved in more recent LCD's with very high refresh rates. I'm refering to the image scaling artifcats, wich to be honest I never really understood well why LCD's suffered more from.
For most stuff I still think nothing beats a good old CRT;)

José

All true, lcd is getting better but a good plasma (fujistu, pioneer, panasonic) will still beat it hands down for pq.

crt whilst unfashionable is still the bench mark for sd tv @ 32" and under, although again a good plasma with a good signal source will run it very close

Somehow, just having 42" hanging on the wall improves PQ - and that's before I've turned it on:smashin: !

JoseD said:
I'm not refering to the motion artifacts wich, as far as I understand, have been solved in more recent LCD's with very high refresh rates.

I have yet to see a LCD that can handle horizontal scrolling well. (eg panning of a camera across a footbal field)

dickst3 said:
Somehow, just having 42" hanging on the wall improves PQ - and that's before I've turned it on:smashin: !

And if you calculate the real-estate price of the floor space you freed up many of us could say the plasma was "free"

(My 100 square meter apartment costs around € 250.000,- , Having a plasma screen on the wall instead of a bulky CTR on a desk frees up about 1 square meter, that's € 2500,- worth of floor space!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom