iMac - How do i......

Southernguy

I'm trying to stop the imac from making that loud chime noise when it boots up as sometimes i work late and don't want to wake everyone up. Does anyone know how to do this? I have 2 users set up and i have been into sounds in the system preferences for each user and unticked play user interface sound effects but this has'nt done the trick...

teejay38

Novice Member
The quick answer - don't switch your iMac off! Most Mac users leave their machines switched on and use the energy-saving panel in system preferences to allow the machine to go to sleep, etc.One other reason for leaving it on is to allow OSX to carry out maintenance regimes which it does quietly in the middle of the night.

Tom

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
- mute the sound on the keyboard. OFF speaker icon before shutting down

- stick headphones/or phono type plug into the socket.

i have mine on everyday.

Ger

I am almost sure that my MacBook's chime changes with the audio volume level set in OSX the last time it was on. Might be worth turning the volume down (not mute) and restarting.

Southernguy

Cheers guys and cheers nokia, just set that up and it's working perfect. No more dong's for me... If you pardon the expression!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom