• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iMac 20" memory upgrade worth it?

mcdermott_c

Hi I recently bought a 20" iMac - loving it !

I just went for the default 1GB ram but am wonde3ring whether I should now upgrade that myself to say 2Gb or 4Gb ?

I use the mac mainly for sorting my photos some tweaking with iphoto and some basic video editing using imovie HD (imovie 08 isnt that great)

My question is would i see any real benefit upgrading the ram considering what i use it for ?

thanks

chris

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Hi I recently bought a 20" iMac - loving it !

I just went for the default 1GB ram but am wonde3ring whether I should now upgrade that myself to say 2Gb or 4Gb ?

I use the mac mainly for sorting my photos some tweaking with iphoto and some basic video editing using imovie HD (imovie 08 isnt that great)

My question is would i see any real benefit upgrading the ram considering what i use it for ?

thanks

chris

I upgraded my iMac to 4GB and for the price I think its the best value upgrade you can do to an iMac (obviously not ram bought from apple).

ascender

Definitely. Get your RAM from Crucial and it will be money well spent. Every Mac I've seen recently has benefited from the upgrade to 4Gb RAM as Leopard and apps definitely feel snappier regardless of what you're doing with them.

Damien

I got 4gb from curcial, nice and cheap and easy to fit :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom