Question I'm thick. Onkyo speakers plugged into a Sony str-dn1080

Solomace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

My Onkyo HT S5805 went faulty and as it was in warranty, it went to be fixed. Unfortunately parts couldn't be gotten for it, so I got a new Sony STR-DN1080 amp as a replacement.

I was told to use the speakers I have however, I have to profess to being thick and confused as my Onkyo speakers were simply place this cable into this hole on the back of the Onkyo and all colour coded, where as there's nothing like this on the Sony as I'm not using Sony speakers.

Can anyone give me any advice on how these speakers should be setup on the Sony?

My speakers are -

Left Speaker with 2 connections - Front Left and Height Left
Right Speaker with 2 connections - Front Right and Height Right
Surround Left
Surround Right
Centre
Sub.

I'm a simple man so all this is confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank.

From web pics looks like the Sony has binding posts so usually you’d just strip the wire on the relevant speaker, wrap it round the post and tighten down. Only ones I’m not sure of are the combined ones as don’t know there wiring.
If this does t help then pics of what’s confusing would help.

From web pics looks like the Sony has binding posts so usually you’d just strip the wire on the relevant speaker, wrap it round the post and tighten down. Only ones I’m not sure of are the combined ones as don’t know there wiring.
If this does t help then pics of what’s confusing would help.

Hi mate, thanks for responding.

Let me take some pics when I can and see if that helps further.

Frank.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom