I'm stuck trying to set the resolution in avp2 i just bought

PHYSC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi i see there are tonnes of people who seem talented with audio/visual/pc equipment on avforums. It's sort of my only hope as support for the alien vs. predator 2 game is all but gone.Any way to the point,i have a decentish pc and a hd radeon 7750 2gb ddr3 dx11.1 compatible card and a 50" 1080p plasma tv a panasonic,but the problem is everything but this avp2 game i have flawlessly in 1080p 16:9 resolution settings,but even modding the autoexec.cfg file to state the height and widths and even trying a resolution patch doesn't work.

Has anyone got any ideas if it might be a setting in the catalyst control centre for the gpu that might need to be changed.i can get it playing it's just playing in a little box inside the larger black border?

you could try overscan in ccc i suppose.

Ah after fiddling around a bit and resetting some settings back where they where it now states in trying to change the display from the menu that opens on double clicking the desktop icon,"no renderers where found.The problem is usualy due to directx not being properly installed.Please verify that dirctx is properly installed and try again

So I'll have trouble i m in windows 7 64bit and the directx requirement for the game is directx 8,unless of course there is a workaround or trick?

I will try installing it from disc in compatability for xp sp2 and administrator and get back here.

I almost forgot thankyou for that aslird appreciate any help iI can get right now with this.

Problem resolved it wasn't directx?I basically found the user data folder and it was in virtual store so i altered my autoexec.cfg to match the alterations for 1920x1080 in the program files x86/fox/Alien vs. Predator 2 config file as well and it works full screen 1080p sweet,now i'm going to kill it by modding it wrong probably, and in the process of that likely be unable to return to where i had got to in terms of altering the game files ,what i'll do is a system restore point now just incase,but i mean if that system restore points work in that way?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom