1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Stuck on HL2 - Please help

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by AndyW, Nov 19, 2004.

1. AndyW

AndyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, hope you can help. I've got to the bit on HL2 where im on the jet ski contraption. After a while of skimming through the sludge people started shooting at me and eventually I reached some gates that were closed. Unable to get through I got off the jet ski and climbed up some steps and went into a room with large vehicles in it. After that I fought past a machine gun point and killed some guards in another room before reaching a valve that usually can be turned, which im assuming is used to open the gates. Unfortunately this valve is damaged, has sparks flying from it and im at a loss for what to do. Ive tried retracing my steps but I cant see anywhere to go or find any way of opening the gates.

Please help this very frustrated gamer!

Thanks

2. Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +432
    Spoiler:

The room after the machine gunner - go through the door and you will see some barrels ( flamable ) on the right ( the broken valve is on the left ) - shoot one with the ( lowest ) pistol a couple of times till it catches fires then quickly back through the door - this blows up the winch and the gates open

end spoiler:

3. AndyW

AndyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a try, thanks for your help!