1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm spinning around........

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Lighty, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Lighty

Lighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    good lord :eek:

just fished around on several xbox sites and baffled myself....

i'll get my crystal xbox fron stanton in a day or 2 then hopefully the forum softmod kit will arrive to enable hidef...

then i thought what about xbmc / aid / emulators (i'm a big mame fan)

its all bit torrents and compilers etc :rolleyes:

i was hoping to connect to my pc (either cable or wireless maybe) but am a bit baffled

if anyone has 10 minutes to help out i'd be grateful.... :thumbsup:

so, i'll have a crystal xbox, then.....
    can i crock the thing completely by doing any of this ?
    i do get an hour here and there to do this kind of this but my 7 month old takes up a lot of time - in a nice way!!

1. softmod with the forum kit - this sounds reasonably straight forward :suicide:

2. install this AID and xbmc (could anyone email them to me or post a CD - i'll cover all costs

3. hook up the pc to the xbox and read the myriad of files that it can with xbmc - music / films / photos / etc (id there a good program to archive dvds to my hdd?)

alternatively if anyone is in the east yorks area i'd gladly sort you out with a crate of your favourite tipple for a couple of hours of your time!

cheers

lighty

i'm pretty green at this networking / modding caper (you'd never guess!) so thanks a lot for any help