1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sooooo close

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gazz, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Gazz

Gazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WinTV – working
    GeForce4 – working
    Dscaler – working
    PowerDVD – working
    Soundcard – working (Fortissimo II - haven’t tried the optical out yet, but reading Glasswalker’s post I’m a little worried that the optical out isn;t what I thought. I'll raise that on his thread, though)

So far so good. What I need now is a PJ and a screen.
    Got my eye on an Ask M3 / Proxima X350 (same thing) http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector_details.cfm?part_id=1069 – definitely after a 4:3 as I want to keep the horizontal size the same for all aspect ratios. – thing is I can’t find anywhere in SE London to demo a decent range of PJs

Now – the screen. I’m after an 8 ft (poss 7.5) electric to use in a room which will have a modicum of ambient light most of the time.
    If it doesn’t break the bank it would be great to get a 4:3 screen which has an extra roll down black masking to make it a same-width 16:9 for viewing widescreen when needed

What I’m craving from you guys, if you would do me the honour, is,
    1. recommendations for an RGB to Svid converter for the Sky Box to feed the capture card
    2. 4:3 XGA PJs to demo and where to demo them
    3. suggestions for prices/types/stockists of screens

Your collective genius would be much appreciated on this aspect (pun intended)

Thx
    Gazz

2. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB to S-Video converter here

Cant answer for the screen I've only ever used Stewart screens, but they're damned expensive in the UK.

Steve

3. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ...other option with Sky might be to change your box to one with an s-video out (Grundig or Pace Sky) and run this into Dscaler.

Works very well.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

p.s. try www.direk2u.co.uk for screens. Very good service.