1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so excited...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rich tee, Jan 14, 2005.

1. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Today I bought a wireless Video link from Maplin Electronics for £34.99.
    IT sends SKY to my TV upstairs and I can change Channels. IF you're in the hunt for one of these things I'd highly recommend it.
    Offer ends 21 Jan I think, normal rrp £59.99.

It can also be used for most AV applications.

Rich Tee.
    :clap:

2. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Let me know if it works ok. looking for something like this myself

3. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, it's fantastic value.
    My TV upstairs is an old panny 21'' 4:3 ratio, and the pics are as good as when I once piped cable through it.
    Really clear, only had picture break up when the microwave was on, but the instructions said to expect this to happen.

Rich Tee.

4. Footsie

Footsie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also ordered the Maplin wireless kit and am waiting for it to arrive. Slightly concerned about possible interference with my wireless network, as I believe this operates on the same 2.4 GHz frequency, as do microwaves. Anything in the instructions about this?

5. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a £70 effort from Argos. The picture was amazingly good. Much better than those rubbishy efforts you used to get from the market. And with the IR sender as well, it just finished it off. Had a problem getting it to work properly in the beginning, but with a bit of mucking about with the 4 channels you get, and aligning the arial correctly, then it was great.

I also had 11Mbit wireless and had no problems. BUT, then I got an upgrade on one of the laptops to 54Mbit, and decided to get a 54Mbit access point to fully utilise it (over network, no-one is going to have a home internet connection capable of that). Everything worked, but my new laptop didn't. Unless it was 2 foot away from the access point. Tried everything, then eventually found it was the video sender. Tried absolutely every single combination of video sender channel, and access point channel. No luck. It was either a case of the 54mbit devices not working properly, or the 11mbit devices not working properly, or the TV signal from the sender being degraded in some way to make it unwatchable (picture breakup or a weird sound every 5 seconds for instance). So it had to go, and I got MultiRoom when I went Sky+. Well annoying. Got to admit though that the sender was really close quality to Sky through a cable. Well, on a 14" TV it was anyway. Apart from a slight glitch it used to get at certain times in the night (small line running up screen), which I put down to the neighbours firing up some device or other in the early hours.

Cheers

6. Footsie

Footsie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Crivens.

I'm still on old 802.11b 11Mbps, purely for internet, so hope it'll be OK.

7. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Footsie
    yes it operates on 2.4GHZ.

You might like to know there is a support email address.
    support@tranwo.com

They should answer your query.

8. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get problems with these things when the microwave is on... when my laptop is on... when my xbox wireless controller is on... when my neighbours dog starts emitting 2.4GHz... Great piece of kit if a little tempramental. I love it for watching Sky upstairs, but it would drive me nuts if all the telly I watched went through it. I'm not all that convinced that some work better than others either.