I'm really after speaker packages around £500

83Gaga

Established Member
Reaction score
So far I planning getting Wharfedale Diamond 9.HCP to go with my room which is approx 3.1m (10ft) by 3.5m (11ft).

Is this a good choice?

Let me just say that I have the Diamond 9.6's for music and I really like them.....

So if you are going for the 9.6's in the front and the 9.DFS for surround and the 9.CM for centre, then match with the SW 250 sub then it is a great buy. The Diamond 9.1 series also is great - but for mine, I didnt really think the mid range were incrementally better..until I got to the 9.6's.......

If you can stretch another 300 quid - then go the SVS in the forum...seriously. If not, I am sure you will be happy with your Wharfedales.......

Sincere apologies - for a room that is 10ft x 11ft....and for home cinema...

The 9.1's will be great and certainly enough with the SW150 sub...

Cheers......

thanks bee-man

any idea what floor stand for the front speaker and maybe the rear as well

thanks

Stalker,

Not a big deal - but something about ear height for the fronts and something a little higher for the rear....give them a bit of room at the front if you can.

I consider stands/brackets low on the totem pole - as long as they are unobtrusuve.
Pretty easy to make actually - or to modify any cheap set.l

I would get the better centre speaker to match the 9.1's and give them a call to discuss the appropriate rears; the cheap SR's are not bad actually, and maybe spend the change on a better receiver etc. Anything rated at 70W and upward would be more than enough....

Would be worth it to give them a call about getting the optimal match up set for your room size....

Cheers and let us know how it goes if you get them....

Just to throw a spanner in the works...

Also try to demo the Acoustic Energy Evo 5.1 Package

£599 from superfi

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/hp/2/

Located on special in the middle of the front page here.

Major bargain also.

Had these in a room almost identically sized to yours and was great. Then again I didn't have the sub though.

Dan.

That is a hell of a deal....certainly a few notches up in price, but more than a few notches up in spec and so on.....

No question that packages are the way to go....

:eek:

Can anyone provide a comparison or opinions comparing the Diamonds to the Evo's. At £599, the evo package is almost half price:eek: :eek: and I was very happy with mine

Acoustic Energy Evo 5.1 Package sound good deal. I not sure about the floorstand speakers and are they for front speakers and what good about floorstand speakers to bookshelf.

And how they effect on floorstand speakers where the height is 880mm?

cheers

One more thing what is Biwireable? I new of building new home cinema sys

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom