Im not "slow"... But i am confused...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MattDJ, Mar 25, 2006.

1. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    SKY HD...

I have normal sky - i pay £15 a month. Entertainment Package i think...

So how much would i pay for HD. From what i can tell, i have to pay £20 because of the Sky+ feature... is that right?

Price jumps to £35 a month... but i only get two HD channels? No Movies or Sport?

2. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +920
    You MAY be able to just pay the £10/month for HD if you don't want to use the Sky+ recording facilities, and just want Sky One, Artsworld, Nat Geo, Discovery (and probably the BBC) in HD. Effectively you don't pay for the Sky+ service, and buy the Sky+ HD box as a Sky HD receiver. (This is possible with SD Sky+ boxes, and was used by those who wanted 5.1 audio on Sky Movies - before the Sky+ sub was waved for premium channels)

I suspect you may need to be persistent to get this though...

The opposite is also difficult to arrange - a FTV card with Sky+ sub but no Sky channel subs - so that you can use Sky + for BBC, ITV,C4, Five and the FTA channels, but only pay £10/month (as you would for Tivo...)

3. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Sounds about right, you would get more than 2 HD channels though but i cant remember what the channel line up is off hand.
    If you had Sky Movies or Sky Sports you would get either movies or sports in HD and you then wouldnt have to pay the extra £10 Sky+ subs.
    I dont know what the price difference would be for you to have the movie channels over what youve got now but its got to be better to pay that extra than paying the Sky+ £10 subs hasnt it ?
    Just had a look, for the Sky entertainment pack and Sky movies Mix it comes to £36 but you dont have to pay the £10 Sky+ subs but you have to pay the £10 SkyHD subs so your looking at £46 per month or you can do it as youve already got it where you have some of the entertainment pack which is £15 + £10 Sky+ and then £10 for Sky HD which comes to £35 ...hmmmm when you look at it we pay a hell of alot of money for Sky :(

Andy

4. razer za lazer

razer za lazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ok i've got a sky box when i signed up for a year back in 2000 and cancelled after a year as i seen enough of stargate and well i only used the bbc itv etc channels and got pace {sky+for freeveiw}box instead and recently i brought a hdd/dvd rec box and got the sky box out of the acttic paid £20 for free sat so i can now record two digital channels at the same time 1 on freeveiw the other on freesat .
    So if i brought IE-pace satellite hd receiver could i get sky hd for a £10 if i batter there heads in on the phone for a few days ??

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you want to watch the SKY HD channels you need a SKY+ HD and a £10 HD subscription ontop of the basic SD subscription (min 2 MIXES), the basic sub dictates what HD channels you get.
    If you do not subscribe to SKY Sports then you do not get SKY Sports HD etc etc.

The FTA HD receiver (mpeg4/dvbs2) will be able to access the BBC FTA HD trial but no way to record it unless you got the more advanced twin tuner/hdd model. The trial is expected to last 9 months, no guarantee it will be back or that a proper HD channel will be offered shortly after.

6. razer za lazer

razer za lazer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes thanks for the info buddy ,food for thought for sure