1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Not Put Off And Still Getting A Panny Ae100e

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nero041001, Jun 1, 2003.

1. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: HELLO EVERYONE!!!! This is my first post.

I have been reading through the other threads about all the troubles and anguish that you all have had with the Panasonic AE100E Projector and think it is disgusting the way panasonic has treated you all they need a slap.

Despite that i still wanna join in weather i will end up haveing to take the thing back for repair or not, by now i would have thought that the models will be up to scratch seeing that it's almost a year on and besides it still seems to be the cheapest lcd projector out there ive seen some screen shots but wouldnt mind seeing some more if anone could help it would most apreciated

i found it for £899.99inc.vat and p+p at----

----PRCdirect.co.uk

I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions for me as i dont get out much due to being mentaly disabled;

1.Where would i get a good cheap 6ft by 6ft screen in the margin of £200 or less? that is also suitable for 16:9 or what would you recommend?

2.How long a day can you have it on? i have been told 5-7hrs max

3.Is it possible to connect playstation1+2/x-box/gamecube and other games consoles to it? inc.dvd is so whats the best way for all?

4.If possible to connect games consoles is there any risk of 'burn in' to the screen as there is in rear projection tv's?

5.How much is the cheapest replacement lamp and where do you buy it?

and finally
    6.Could anyone reccomend or show me their home cinema set up with a projector?

I would also be grateful if anyone could show me some more screenshots produced by the ae100e with movies and games on it.

I am still going to get one as from what i have seen of it so far when one is functioning properly it seems to be a good projector and within my price range (just dont tell the wife

;) )

Thank you all for listening, when i get a digital camera ill show you all my set up so far (not inc. projector yet as i havent got it yet) and i hope to hear from someone soon
    sorry its been quite long this is my first time

//goodmans 32" tv/yamaha rx-v800rds receiver amp/MiCO dvd/mission main and centre speakers/mordaunt short bi-polar rear speakers/samsung vcr//:hiya:

2. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Good for you!!!!!!! I bought one about a month ago. You don't want to pay 899 for it tho. I paid 770 inc next day delivery and if I was at home I'd post the web address. Will post it later (are we allowed to do that). Really pleased with mine and just going to keep my fingers crossed. You really need a progressive scan dvd play as well............I bought Cambridge Audio dvd 55 from Richer Sounds at 150...:clown:

3. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

I wouldnt have thought it'd do any harm saying what the web address is of the site you speak of, cos in another thread i looked at a site that someone posted and found some cheap screens (still oblivious to what type to get) im not 100% certain cos im new to this forum.

I would much apreciate that site address where you got yours for 770 cos that is a bargain! just in case theres any quiery in it here's my email address[email address removed by Robocop]so you can send it there if you like along with any other questions you'd like to ask me that your not allowed to on here

I have component out on my dvd player but not progressive scan it's not too bad for £35 second hand £70 new at asda! very good picture and sound quality too, I'll consider a progressive scan dvd for that price the nearest richer sounds to me is in bristol so ill have a gander cos thats where i got my amp and speakers from again at bargain prices

Im off browsing for now but I'll be back on later I have yahoo messanger for anyone who wants to chat on that sometime just send me their name to add to my freind list to chat alternativly ill send you mine just ask!

Have fun and speak to you (you all) soon bye for now

4. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go on, send us the web address, I have a sick Sony which I may need to replace quickly AND cheaply.

Cheers

5. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, just spent 10 mins looking for it on the web.........address is www.digitaldirectuk.com .Looks like its still in stock at 780.01 (web price?). First class service and next day courier delivery...........

6. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You may want to find out if there's a dead pixel check included.

Some people were rating direct2u screens, apprx £200 or so for a big pull down manual.

yep, games consoles can be connected.
    Depends on the console - the best connection for an xbox is probably component leads, using the US Microsoft connector. Trouble is, you may find three component leads to your projector a but pricey.

Most elegant way is if you have an amp that does up-converting/component switching, such as 3803. Then you can feed composite feeds (VCR), svideo and component links, and it'll turn all into component and feed it up the same set of cables.

7. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also just gone browsing and i reccomend people to get one from robert whyte ltd 600 aint too bad either.

Ive just been looking at other threads too i dont think we're allowed to discuss price issues im not sure.

browsking>>>any chance of spreading some light on any of the questions above too? that goes for anyone else that has one too!
    And is there any chance of me seeing any screenshots or even video of the thing going with movies and games cos i cant get out much so i wouldnt mind trying to get some eye candy from here

Also is ther any advice on setting the thing up im mainly going for sitting it on a coffee table or somthing cos i dont trust the ceiling in my flat i got about 2.5m to 3.0m of projection distance unless i change the room then it'll be anything up to 5m

hear from you soon
    -----------
    tris
    ----------
    //goodmans 32" tv/yamaha rx-v800rds receiver amp/MiCO dvd/mission main and centre speakers/mordaunt short bi-polar rear speakers/samsung vcr//

8. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bonesy>>>thanks for the advice, i might be able to get away with haveing a pull down screen after all just got to trust my ceiling a bit either that or have kind of like a frame come out from the wall with 2by4's if that dont work i can always knock my self out with one of them...lol....thats cool about the consoles there is a shop here that can build almost any leads (or convert them) for almost anything i'll have to see if they can make some up for me........as for the amp not sure about that i'll have to look ni the instruction manual its full of places to put things in at the back and has a lot going out too from all types of audio to video i think it has normal video in's and a component out so i'll check that in a bit

---------
    tris
    ---------
    //goodmans 32" tv/yamaha rx-v800rds receiver amp/MiCO dvd/mission main and centre speakers/mordaunt short bi-polar rear speakers/samsung vcr//

9. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Again,

Don't have a digital camera so no pics I'm afraid. i have used "curtain blackout " material as a screen stretched over a frame. Cheap as chips (6 Quid a metre) but limited to 54 inch depth (high?) as this is how it comes. This is white faced material that will not allow any light to pass through so maximising brightness. I don't suppose its a good as "proper" stuff but its pretty close and good enough for me............................

10. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

It lokks like the pj at RW are refurb so be careful..............

11. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again, black out material? that dont sound a bad idea! I must tak a trip down to our big dunn elms place and have a look what they got cos they have a excessive range of material at the back of there.

As for the refurbished stuff and looking through these forums a refurbished one doesnt sound such a bad idea cos i have only seen stories about this model going back to panny and home again up to three times then they have been fine so if i bought one brand new i might have to do the same and with a refurbished one as long as the pixels are ok it must have had enough done to it to compensate for all the probs it had. thats the way i look at it any way anyone else have a a storey about a panny ae100e going back a few times then carried working fine after that?

It would be interesting with a thread with people only posting if hteir AE100E has worked all the time (over 6 months) or people that have had refurbished ones in the first place with no problems for that lenth of time and people who have had one sent back and forth a few times and only post if it has been fine for that period iof time after being repaired for the last time...................i might just set one up if i can

---------
    tris
    ---------

12. ji_

ji_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really happy with mine! Unusual I know, but true!

13. nero041001

nero041001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JI>>>how long have you had yours then? do you use it for games too?