• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I'm not buying my next game until June.... but then....

AJUK

This is the release list for this year :http://uk.ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

It doesn't look like i'll be getting a new game until june when GRAW2 arrives ! Its going to be a very long wait, there just doesn't seem like anything else that interests me until then!:mad:

Althogh it really picks up as we go on in the year with killzone, stranglehold, home, army of two, half life, metal gear solid, GTA 4, unreal tornament, Devil may cry and resident evil 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i just soiled myself. :eek:

Stop me if i'm wrong, but that looks like the greatest 6 months of releases in gaming history.

edit : oh i forgot a little game call metal gear solid, but i doubt anyone's bothered about that. lol

stevos

Distinguished Member
Its kind of depressing that like you there are no games i currently want to buy after spending £425 on the console and the best games to come in the near future are GRAW2 and Rainbow 6 both of which i could (and have) brought a while back on my 360.

I really should have waited a few months to buy the ps3 and brought one of the bundle deals that must be around the corner. Naff!!

kevin_irl

Unreal tournament has been pushed back to October according to that list!! It was June in the current issue of Play!! Who's telling the truth?!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Resident Evil 5 isn't being released untill next year sometime and very likely Devil May Cry 4 will be the same. MGS 4 is supposed to be out in October but I wouldn't be surprised if that slips into next year as well .

sandys

Standard Member
Pretty much in line with X360/PC etc. the good stuff is not out until Sept, in fact if you own all 3 systems you are going to be spoilt for chioce and not know what to buy when Sept comes but until then you are going to have to live with being drip fed titles each month.

D

Deleted member 63580

I think some of the dates on that list are very optimistic, I saw lost on it and thought cool, checked around and can't even find a release date on any system on any other site other than 2007/8

Battlefield Bad company another choice for me so I looked around and yet again no fixed release date on any system other than at IGN

I am hoping some one can point me in the direction of a more accurate release schedule?? not one based on wishful thinking

shaun1208

if those dates are correct(ish) then buy the end of the year i'll have bought 10 more games. hopefully the prices will have dropped on the games.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
if those dates are correct(ish) then buy the end of the year i'll have bought 10 more games. hopefully the prices will have dropped on the games.

Don't count on the game prices dropping. It just isn't going to happen. Xbox 360 games are still the same price they were when the console launched 17 months ago.

shaun1208

Don't count on the game prices dropping. It just isn't going to happen. Xbox 360 games are still the same price they were when the console launched 17 months ago.

Yeah i know its very very unlikely but i'm an optimist. I reckon the games might go down a wee bit towards xmas, just to try and persuade more people to buy there console as the games are cheaper.

Brother

Its the usual absence of any quantity of decent games on a new console combined with the onset of the traditional gaming drought. Still a pain though.

On the other hand retailers are clambering to sell games off cheap right now on more established consoles - I have been spending a fortune. It will be a while longer til PS3 gets a few really great new games - like Q4 2007.

Wii is the same. Only 360 with a lot of decent cheap titles next gen for the next few months.

I've decided to get to know VF3 inside out to pass the time - I think it will be a labour of love.

psikey

Distinguished Member
With the amount of time I get to play each week (10 hours max) it will take me until the Autumn to complete Oblivion & finish Motorstorm let alone VTennis 3 which I've only tried about twice :eek:

Then theres the 4 PS Store games to try and complete (BlastFactor/Flow/Rub Dub/ Tekken) :rolleyes:

You guys must live on your consoles. I do spend a fair bit of time on the media stuff too keeping family pics/videos on it & all my music collection. Even got Linux loaded & working but done nothing on that yet.

The PS3 is such an all round beast you could spend all your free time messing with it.

AJUK

Yeah i know its very very unlikely but i'm an optimist. I reckon the games might go down a wee bit towards xmas, just to try and persuade more people to buy there console as the games are cheaper.

Games on release will stay the same price, but shop around on the net and you'll find it a fiver cheaper somewhere, and withinn a month the games are available pre-owned.

so you don't want Rainbow 6, Saints Row, Spiderman 3 or Oblivion?

My A Level Revision is going to take a damage AAA...maybe not

rainbow six might be worth a look, spiderman i very much doubt, and i haven't the time for oblivion.

you've got a shout about not having the time but its something you can always come back to when you are bored and fancy an adventure...mind you with Saints Row I'll be doing that and GTA IV will be in the same boat

Kahled

Oy! Depressing reading.

That list puts me to three games this year with the next one of interest coming in around September. Even worse FF XIII slated for Christmas 2008!!!

Oh boy, hate to say it but I'm really beginning to regret buying the PS3 now.

Damn.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Oy! Depressing reading.

That list puts me to three games this year with the next one of interest coming in around September. Even worse FF XIII slated for Christmas 2008!!!

Damn.

I'll not have that problem because it was worth it to me just as a Blu-ray & media centre and haven't played the 360 versions of the games coming out :smashin:

shaun1208

Oy! Depressing reading.

Damn.

don't worry mate it mightcome out earlier, just look at Go! Sudoku. it had a release date of 31/12/9999 and it came out on friday so you never know :D lol

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom