1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im new too.....

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Fee, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Fee

Fee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi anyone,

I know theres some similar posts to this but my situations a little different.

I have a Sony DCR-PC120E and just installed drivers on my PC (Windows 98).
    I have a firewire and the board. The drivers do seem to have installed but I can only access the stuff on the memory stick and not the cassette, which is the stuff I want for editing obviously.

I'm using adobe 4.0 but I also have MGI videowave.

Can anyone help??? Im stuck

Fiona

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Ok lets go through a basic check list of things to do and see if we can start to fill your HDD with video :D

connect cam to PC with firewire
    put cam into replay mode (VCR type controls on cam should now be available)
    start Adobe (I assume this is Premiere) software
    click on 'file' then 'capture' (and then any other required options - don't know Prem 4)
    From the capture window you should now have a set of VCR buttons that should be able to control the cam

If you have any problems with the above then let us know if any error messages are displayed.
    To check if the firewire card is installed correctly you can go into 'Control Panel' 'System' 'Device Manager' and look for the firewire card (may be listed as ieee1394). Does it show in here? Does it have a yellow circle with an '!' in it beside the card? If you do have the '!' displayed then the card has not been fully installed. If you are running Windows 98 (and not 98SE) then I would really suggest you upgrade to at least 98SE as the origional 98 did not support OHCI cards (USB & Firewire) and even with driver patches is unlikely to work smoothly.

HTH,
    Mark.

3. Fee

Fee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank u. I'll go check these just now.

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Versions befroe Premiere 5.1 were not suitable for video editing, they were more akin to Macromedias Director & the current Adobe After effects.

5. Centurion

Centurion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might sound silly but have you flicked the switch between video and memory