1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new here... very cheap projector needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by squags, Sep 5, 2005.

1. squags

squags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks.
    I hope this is the right place to ask away...
    I've just cleared my bedroom out and have noticed a large wall, which would benifit from having a projector pointed towards it. If you see the picture, you'll see above my fire place there's a big poster. If I take that down, it would be an ideal place to project onto - between those two huge speakers.

My main problem is that I don't want to spend more than £100 on a projector :oops: I'm not after the dogs danglies, just something that I can view the output of my PC on - like videos and DVD's. The picture doesn't have to be super sharp and I've got a very thick blind at the window, so the room can be made almost dark at any time. Any old, fairly reliable, basic projectors out there (preferably with a cheap supply of bulbs, though to be honest I doubt I'll be watching 1000's of hours!)? Can be fat and ugly - I don't care. It just has to do the job OKish. Any ideas.

Oh and the reason I'm not wanting to spend more is because it's an "unnecasary luxury" for me, and I haven't got enough money to spend lots on that catagory! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. ReggieDaMole

ReggieDaMole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just go on ebay and keep bidding till you win one. Tip - bid at last second to ensure you don't push up the price beyond your budget. You should be able to get one of the old style LCD's for your budget with a little patience.

3. squags

squags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I was planning on doing that, but I've been told I'd be wasting my money on such a cheap one. What do you think - is it possible to watch dvd's on a £100 projector without the inadiquicies of the projector ruining the viewing?

4. braindancer

braindancer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Personally I wouldn`t bother buying a projector for £100, unless you can get a good demo of it.

You may get lucky and get a bargin cheap and cheerful PJ, but for that price it will probably be needing a new lamp, which can easily cost 200 quid+.

Your best bet would be to buy a dirt cheap PJ, maybe the tosh ET1(about 350 quid?)...

:)

5. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I think spending £100 on a PJ is very optomistic indeed. You may get away with spending £250-£300 if your lucky!