Im new, Can the Pioneer 565 play dvd+r and dvd+rw?

Maniac618

Established Member
Reaction score
This is highly important for me and probably others, please let me know, thanks in advance!

:hiya:

It can play +R, _R and –RW so I would imagine it will play +RW’s. I will have to see the book and see if it says there, but I found it plays al the different disc I have put in it even picture CD from newspaper. The only thing it fell over was a very old Kodak picture disk but I believe the new Kodak format works OK.
Great player.:cool: :smoke:

I just checked here and it does -RW disc.

My 565 has so far refused to play any of my +R or +RW discs. It does not even stutter through them, just displays STOP. Various media including datawrite, intenso etc.

Originally posted by Garrett
It can play +R, _R and –RW so I would imagine it will play +RW’s. I will have to see the book and see if it says there, but I found it plays al the different disc I have put in it even picture CD from newspaper. The only thing it fell over was a very old Kodak picture disk but I believe the new Kodak format works OK.
Great player.:cool: :smoke:

Garrett, so yours does play +R?

I get the same "STOP" message on my 565 when trying to play +R discs that my mate recorded on his Philips recorder

Originally posted by alan8477
Garrett, so yours does play +R?
Yes it played one mine, my mate brought one round and it played on a Toshiba 330 as well. I think the disc was a Yellow Datawrite. I wondering if it is the quality of disc that has been burnt what was the make that you 565 refused to play alan8477?

I will get in touch with him tonight if you want me to check on the disc.

Sorry I linked you to a site that say –RW and you was on about +RW Dho.

thanks for the info so far guys, there is still mixed response, so please continue to bring info forward. :clap:

Yes the disc was as I said and it plays in his Pioneer DV350.

I’m just wondering if your DVD’s are non UK models as mine is a UK mod. Also they do different revisions of the players.
Probably the best solution if you are getting one local is to take a +R and +RW that has been recorded on.

I agree with Garrett, no matter what machine you buy ALWAYS try it out with recordable discs first. I also had a 350 and it also presented problems with the + format, yet someone else on the forum had no problems.

hmmm, seems i'll have to find a shop and try it out. thanks for the help guys.

You could ring avland.co.uk on 01933 442222 if you wanted a player from them and ask if they could check one out for you before sending it.
Only trouble is the player has gone up to £219.99 for some reason, but you get a choice of 3 DVD’s with it and choice of silver or black and they are UK models.

I'll email avland or phone them tommorow. Their website seems to be down at the moment?!?! :nono: :eek: :confused:

edit:

its working now, time for an email. :clap:

mine was from avland too. I'm begining to suspect that the mate who lent me the +R recording from his philips hadn't finalised the disc

My +Rs were finalised, my +RWs were Datasafe, Datawrite, Intenso, Infiniti, Philips, none of them worked.

Originally posted by JohnG
mine was from avland too. I'm begining to suspect that the mate who lent me the +R recording from his philips hadn't finalised the disc

whats the difference between finalsing and not finalising and how can each be done?

If un-finalised + discs can be played without any consequences or disadvantages then thats ok.

My dad got a CD recorder and did not finalise a disc, and it would only play in the recorder, not on any of his other CD players even on the play deck on the recorder. He finalised it and it works on everything.

last night I tried all the dvd formats + - RW all kinds on my 565 multiregion player. They all played perfectly. Just burned them using Nero 6 and a no name dvd writer...

so far my 565 hasn't refused a single disc I've trown at it.

Originally posted by alan8477
My +Rs were finalised, my +RWs were Datasafe, Datawrite, Intenso, Infiniti, Philips, none of them worked.

Well, just bought a Pioneer 106 and burnt some +RWs. They play perfectly. Used Nero 6. The problem seems to be with the Philips 890 recorder and how it records discs.

:clap: Glad you got a Pioneer 106 burner, been recommending them for ages one of the best burners out there.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom