1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm looking for these speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tophellcat, Sep 30, 2004.

1. tophellcat

tophellcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am lookin for an older pair of speekers that has been discontinued. they are PIONEER CS-B5000's. they have a frequency range of 35~20K (Hz), impedence of 6.3 ohms, and rated power of 40 watts. keep in mind that these are probibally 20 year old speakers and the way they rated speakers back then for wattage was different from todays. if you have a set of these that are still in good condition, please either reply here or send me an e-mail at tophellcat@yahoo.com

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I bought my first hifi in about 1968 so I've been around much longer than your speakers and I have never heard of a change in the way of rating speakers in that time.

As you have been told in a previous thread there are several different ways of rating the maximum input of speakers, many of which are the sonic equivalent of the multitude of flashing lights on ghetto blasters in that they are simply designed to fool the gullible.