I'm looking for the cheapest TV that can do 120 FPS, 8K, and Dolby Vision|Atmos.

kujythrgefdw

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there are any TVs with these capabilities because I'm preordering an Xbox Series X in less than a week and down the line I want to get the most out of it. It's the last Xbox I'm planning on ever buying, and I'm OK with saving up money for a few years. If no such TV exists with these capabilities as well as Dolby Vision and/or Atmos I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
If such a TV exists but it doesn't have Dolby Vision, I don't care much about HDR then. Same goes with Atmos regarding its competitors.

Last edited:
I'm fine with getting a 4K TV with these capabilities if an 8K TV costs more than a couple thousand dollars or a reasonable amount of money close to that.

I think you're going to struggle, what size television are you considering, as the 8K sets tend to be very large and equally very expensive.

LGs OLEDs basically. That is unless you don't mind losing HDMI 2.1 VRR. They have an 8k model, but the 4k models are just as good.

You'll want to avoid LGs LCD TVs, they are poor with HDR. Sony TVs like the XH9505 & their OLEDs support Dolby Vision but don't have HDMI 2.1 VRR. Their XH9005 will support VRR, but is a poor TV really for HDR as it only reaches around 800 nits, so is also best avoided.

60" TVs are rare now, you'd be looking at 55" or 65".

Last edited:
Typically you should wait at least for Black Friday each year before buying a TV, otherwise prices are too high. The best time to buy bargains though is spring the following year after release.

TVs are released each year in summer time, so you'd be looking at delaying your purchase to spring 2022 to get the best price on the new range of 2021 TVs.

Waiting is a good plan though, it allows other people to be the beta testers of new features, and gives time for bugs to be ironed out. People who buy a TV now in preparation for the new consoles will have problems when they are released, and won't be able to do anything about it other than hope the manufacturers fix them.

Can't comment on the phone but the Q700T is the worse FALD TV in their entire lineup, worse even than the Q80T 4k model. Not as bad as the Q70T edge lit though.

Samsung 55Q700T/LG 55Nano95 but I wouldn't recommend either against better value 4k models like the Samsung Q80T/Q90T.

And the Samsung QN32Q50RAFXZA is still the smallest 4K TV, right? It was the smallest 4K TV last year according to this video

Yeah, not sure that has been replaced in 2020, they don't often release TVs at smaller sizes now.

There are computer monitors that are 4k and smaller.

Not sure if you have seen or not yet, but already 65-75" TVs are too small for UHD at most peoples viewing distances.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom