I'm looking for the best television for mixed usage.

Caim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, i've been ruminating about which television i should get for my use case. I game a lot, watch movies/tv shows, anime etc. It's been very troublesome to find a tv that would suit all that i need. I'd welcome HDMI 2.1 but i'd also settle for 1080p/1440p@120hz. I plan to use my PC and most likely a Series X and PS5. I'd really appreciate someone's assistance in this, Thank you. My budget is probably around £1100. Oh also, i'm quite afraid of using OLED due to my habit of just leaving a game paused and would go and do something else.

Screen size?

Guide for gaming TVs here

If you refine your list to a couple of top tier TVs, then I reckon with your budget you should be able to get a cracking 65”.

if hdmi 2.1 isn’t a big concern, then the Q90T or XH9505 would be good places to start looking.

I heard the Q90T has a green hue problem, green ghosting in fast moving images namely games and quite bad dse.

I heard the Q90T has a green hue problem, green ghosting in fast moving images namely games and quite bad dse.
I think you'll read every TV has a flaw of some kind. Ghosting itself is a product of motion blur which is always there to some degree with LCD displays. You can't really avoid it completely. I don't think there's a single TV that doesn't have some ghosting, albeit TVs that use VA panels do have it worse at near to blacks than IPS models.

The problem is IPS just isn't a good technology to use for TVs, its outdated and has some serious flaws that inhibit terrible screen uniformity. This is even more true in the HDR era, as displays need to pump out higher brightness which IPS panels just cannot harness as well.

DSE - well that depends what you compare it too and the content you watch. The Samsung models are good at retaining good black levels, so in dark scenes screen uniformity will be good. You may have better luck with Sony though if you want uniformity in brighter scenes to be better - for example the grass in a football game.

Compared to IPS displays, DSE (or screen uniformity) will be a lot better, its one of the reasons manufacturers of TVs use VA technology over IPS, despite having more motion blur.

Aye, i was previously looking at the 65" Q90T because of how bright and vivid it can be due to it's high nit count and a good contrast level for deep blacks.

Aye, i was previously looking at the 65" Q90T because of how bright and vivid it can be due to it's high nit count and a good contrast level for deep blacks.
Sony XH9505 likewise and does not have external input motion issues reported in the Samsung TV's Forum?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom