Quantcast

I'm looking for recomendations for a new bike ?

DodgeTheViper

I've got a Specialized Hardrock Sport that i've had for a few years now, and used it for the off road stuff, but for the past 6 months or so i've been doing more road cycling.

So now i'm looking for a road bike. It will be an upcoming present, and i know it's probably a taste/personal thing, but i'd like some recomendations to start me looking if poss.

Budget is £800 as the absolute max.

Cheers

DodgeTheViper

Thanks for the suggestions. The Trek 1.5 and the Cannondale are the one's i've been looking at up to now.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
I am also thinking of trying to get into cycling as I think my football days are coming to an end soon!!, and was also looking for some advice.

However, since I will be new to it, I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on my 1st bike. Would I get a decent enough one for maybe between £300 - £400 ?

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
I just bought a Raleigh Voyager XL (I think its XL) from Go Outdoors, so far seems very nice :)

Seat is padded, sprung and has suspension on the upright. Also has Front Fork suspension (which admittedly feels a little too springy at the mo, but the bloke said it'll settle down a bit).

21 gears, very nice free rolling, good hybrid tyres.

£260.

Based on the last weeks journeys, worth the money so far :)

dred

Novice Member
However, since I will be new to it, I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on my 1st bike. Would I get a decent enough one for maybe between £300 - £400 ?
For that kind of budget I would look at the second hand market, you can get some seriously good 2nd hand bikes for £400

Bike radar has a good classified section so you can avoid ebay... what about something like this:

Giant SCR Ltd For Sale £320 | Sales Of Road Bikes And Related Stuff | The Classifieds | Forums - BikeRadar