im looking for a twin tuner pvr with built in dvd recorder

Martin68

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a pvr/dvd recorder combi that has all the functions of a twin tuner pvr but with the dvd archiving and playback all built into the same unit.
I have seen any dvd/hdd recorders but they all seem to only have one tuner, and all the pvrs with two tuners have no dvd recorder built in.

is there such a unit available yet?

Off the shelf in one box no. What you have found is what there is. Single DTT tuners with a DVDR/HDD or twin DTT tuners with a HDD but no DVDR.

BTW the former record from external sources the later do not.

Richard

You may want to consider if you really want this. 2 box is likely to be the cheaper solution due to volumes, plus you have less expensive when you need to replace. And, given the choice of recording on DVD record or my PC DVD I'd choose the PC as the tools are so much better and easier to use. The end DVD is much better.

If you go this route then what you need is a PVR that can be network and has a reliable USB connection. That's a topfield then.

I am looking for a pvr/dvd recorder combi that has all the functions of a twin tuner pvr but with the dvd archiving and playback all built into the same unit.
I have seen any dvd/hdd recorders but they all seem to only have one tuner, and all the pvrs with two tuners have no dvd recorder built in.

is there such a unit available yet?

The only thing that might fit the bill is a Media Center PC running two digital tuners. That may or may not be more techie than you want for a consumer device.

Gav

couldnt you use a single tuner pvr with dvd burner and add on a cheap digi tuner to the scart?

ash .

Couldn't record two things at once with such a setup......

Hate to say it, but a Windows Media Center box might be the only thing that does all that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom